Review Thread- no finals this season

Is this the early contender for next week’s banner thread?

2 Likes

Honestly this felt like the 2017 bombers. The counter attacking was exhilarating but we were bullied majorly around the contest. The appetite for pressure and the contest simply wasn’t there.*

*Bags and Stringer excepted. What an unusual but enjoyable 1-2 punch they are.

**And Hooker. Legend.

1 Like

THATS THE JOKE

1 Like

DJR it is just a question, I have not bagged anyone.

“I don’t accept mediocrity” is Blitz code for “I chuck the toys out of the cot to feel better when we lose”.
Imagine these types in 1999? 1992?

13 Likes

Hawks sucked us into their plan a bit.
They don’t play a heap of numbers around the ball, hold a bit more of a structure a scrambled kick off it. Hence sweeping up a lot of loose ball.
You can get them if you’ve got numbers between the contest and their sweepers, but you need to be clean (and disciplined). We weren’t clean…

1 Like

they had somebody 30 metres ahead of the ball cleaning up our scrambled kicks or runs forward, when they got it, they had runners sideways

was pretty obvious to the 70k or so there

except woosh of course, but he’s only the one guy paid the most amount of money out of all of us to notice such basic things

4 Likes

Yeah, our clearances were poor. The numbers were even, but only Tippa seemed to know what to do when we won the ball. People rave about Titch, but I though O’Meara did the damage today.

Felt like the game was mostly run and won on turnovers.

4 Likes

We were our own worst enemy today. Where was the intensity,passion, defence that was about even in last weeks game?
We are good enough, but just can’t keep up the effort for 4 qtrs. Need some quality trades in the off season. I’ll leave that to the “experts” here to name who they are.
So many players looked lethargic, were they unwell, bored, couldn’t give a f ark, I don’t know (actually that was a bit unfair) we did have some good players. Just very frustrating, Hawks are not that better than us!
Our forward line is the problem at the moment, just missing some talls who can clunk and convert.
Anyway, I just don’t want them to drop their heads and lose the last 3 or 4? games, just finish off on a high.

2 Likes

Essendon Football Club. Hawthorn’s b1tches for the past 14 years. Any chance of anyone doing anything about it?

2 Likes

No.

I thought it was going to be different when Buddy left.

This

I even said last week there was very much a chance the lazy, strolling, can’t be ■■■■■■ essendon was a chance to turn up, longer break, better form, expected to win, you could see it coming a mile away the players were going to put in another half assed effort

Strangely, I’m content with the EFC performance today. Given where we’ve come from it was a close contest the whole game. Just a few skill errors made the difference. If they play like this as a base and then improve all will be well.

7 Likes

Kinda my thoughts. Disappointing that ut basically ends our season, but it was hard fought and our skills kept us out of it. Positively it’s the older players who won’t be here soon who made those errors, not the youngsters

3 Likes

How do you block creepy looking dudes from talking to you?

Ninethendon?

This is simply not true.

Were you at the game? No one was accountable for Mitchell in the first half.

“Enjoyed” the game today with a Hawthorn barracking mate who kindly pointed out that since 2000 we have done nothing. Hawthorn has won 4. Our club has templated mediocrity and it is a miracle that so many of us remain on board.

6 Likes