Review Thread vs Roos. Little of Essington Little of Essendon

Strange Game.

1st half shocking
2nd half lifted when we needed too

2 Likes

Tell you what, lucky we didn’t rest Heppell.

14 Likes

North Melbourne, like a dag on your a s s.

3 Likes

They were down players but brought in some hungry and hard working younger players and threw absolutely everything they could at us. We started poorly, lacked any sort of poise and the defensive work rate was shocking. Then we go the job done.

20.12 is a pretty decent score.

4 Likes

16 clearances to 1 in the last qtr

Wasn’t the worst game I’ve seen, good to finish off the game in style.

4 Likes

Relief.

Wouldn’t p1ss on Fisher or Pannell if they were on fire

34 Likes

We won. Talk about making hard work of it. Mentally we didn’t rock up for the first half again.

Need to learn to be switched on from the start against low teams

1 Like

From the match thread:

“They played their grand final, we weathered it, held their assault then did what we had to.
I’m not sure we would’ve held together and stayed in this 8 weeks ago.*
Good sides get it done with the target on their back, they have to.
Not super impressive, but a step forward nonetheless”

• weve bottled it 3 times this year, and didn’t today. Winning ugly is still winning.
28 Likes

Well that was â– â– â– â– â– â– â–  stressful.

8 Likes

Good win, could have rolled over like Brisbane game and didn’t. Good to have the arm-wrestle win for a change.

1 Like

Norf played their best game in the last 7 weeks against us.

Our last 5 games are not gimmes. This game proved it.

2 Likes

I would.
Assuming that they were dead, but still burning.

Hooker turned it on when someone needed to stand up. Huge in the last quarter and a bit.

Otherwise a win, a bland average win. But it’s still a win.

Missed Green. Laverde…:grimacing:

3 Likes

Agree. I think in the past when people have said “good teams win on a bad day” and we’ve won 72-68 it rings very hollow. Kicking 20 goals and winning by 4 goals is a good result all things considered.

As far as I’m concerned, the last three games completes atoning for the brisbane loss.

2 Likes

Really not sure I can do this for another 5 weeks. Aside from Adelaide every team is ball sweat and we’ll be serving up the same tripe we did for the first three quarters against those teams as well.

6 Likes

Kicked 20 goals
Played below par for 3/4 of the game
Got absolutely shafted by the maggots
No injuries
Back in the eight

Cue the bipolar Blitz …

8 Likes

I was ready flip my sh*t. Far from convinced about where we’re at. Glad to get the win. Extatic that we’ve won 3 games in a row.

1 Like

It’s the win we’ve been on the end of for years. Hang in there and get blown away by more experienced players being able to run it out

7 Likes

Fisher and pannell probably cost us 5 goals that was their influnce otherwise would have been a ten goal win.

17 Likes