Review Thread vs Roos. Little of Essington Little of Essendon

8 Likes

Lol there is actually some gold on their big footy page.

“That’s the first time I’ve watched Essendon all year. Can’t even stand to look at them as a neutral. Not sure what’s worse, that a drug cheating, unco-ordinated gumby like Hooker can ■■■■ 4 goals and get them over the line, or that they are largely being carried by their high draft picks from the last 2 seasons - picks they should have had stripped if the AFL wasn’t so corrupt.”

I don’t know which part of that to correct first

7 Likes

Watched the midfield contests through binoculars all day.
Bellchambers was well beaten. He could not get near the ball. Daw could simply jumping higher than he could.

I wasn’t until the last quarter when Bellchambers started to take Daws space that he was able to neutralise the ruck contest. So the good news was he worked out how to neutralize Daw but the bad news was he didn’t win much ruck ball all day.

I also noticed how much direction, tackling, tapping and blocking Watson does. These activities don’t generate stats, but he is very good at it.

Myers is an absolute bulldozer. We must continue to inject the kamikaze spirit into Ambrose so he can take over this role. These blocking, tackling and general nuisance roles are critical and allow the team some space to play.

Parish was excellent yesterday. He is coming along just fine.

10 Likes

No doubt he’s pretty capable but I can recall several games in recent times where he has gone an extra level against the Bombers. And he’s usually matched against M Hurley. It doesn’t make sense.

We really missed been yesterday

Green I mean lol

11 Likes

Lol they’re full rustled by hooks

“Why no one snotted Hooker in the last is beyond me. We should have had three guys rubbed out for teaching him a lesson. What a ■■■■.”

“Wouldn’t ■■■■ on Hooker if he was on fire”

"Geez, Hooker is setting himself up for all sorts of karma with the carry on.
He must perform each time he plays us from now on.
The scrutiny is gonna be intense.

Has elevated himself to flog status because he wouldn’t have the balls to do that to Tarrant"

1 Like

It’s instructive that while we see ourselves as overcoming great adversity, other footy fans don’t see it that way.
They think we’ve been given an armchair ride.
Dermie and Eddie are big on it, and I guess people are listening.

1 Like

Watching the Sunday Footy Show - apparently North Melbourne are very unhappy about Hooker’s treatment of their player. Uncalled for and over the line etc.

Have a sook North! I’m sure you had a few things to say to Hooker after his easy misses in the 3rd quarter.

3 Likes

To be fair, he was absolutely giving it to his first or second (or something) game opponent every time he beat him.
It must have sucked to see that as a North supporter so I can understand their anger.
Personally, I’m in favour of it.
Hooker might have to line up on that guy again in future, so it’s absolutely a good idea to let him know that he’s not good enough.
And also just generally. We need more mongrel. We need more demonstrative.

24 Likes

Been saying for years we’ve needed some ■■■■ about us

4 Likes

I’m sure Carey never ever taunted younger opponents. Lol.

But the North membership is outraged? Oh well. I doubt I’ll ever meet any of the 17.

17 Likes

Interesting observation Stabby. I expected Bellchambers to win, but I believe he broke even, looking at the stats, and looking at Joes stint in the ruck in the last, Joe won a really good share of the taps, so much so he had 9 hitouts, all 9 of which were judged as to advantage. Nrths chopout ruck was bad, he should have been the one to cop a spray !. But I noticed Daw getting a rub down on his quads, in the 3rd. Clearly he could not sustain the jumping all game and tailed off in the last. Thats when we thrashed them for clearances 9 to 1.

Watching the replay, just got to Joe’s “touched” mark in the final quarter. What an absolutely disgusting decision. Unbelievable an umpire wouldn’t pay that mark.

4 Likes

Yeah, we lost Ryder, Crameri, Hibberd, Carlisle due to the saga, but since we unearthed Walla and Raz and Merret got extra midfield time we should consider ourselves lucky? Oh and we wouldn’t have James Kelly, did i forget to mention that? Thats right, James Kelly was a top up, just so you know.

5 Likes

It seemed to fire up hooker, so keep doing it cale if it works

If the old priority pick rules were still in place, I reckon north’s management of centre bounces in the last quarter and a half would be generating a little bit of discussion.

1 Like

The best bit about that was it was deliberate. TIPPA could have simply punched, the safest option, but instead did the roundarm tap to Hooker’s advantage.

Not that we should be targeting it, but TIPPA’s work in the air has improved very substantially this past month.

6 Likes

We got the Sunday barrell this week - for not taking the game seriously and showing up expecting the win again (after doing the same against Brisbane).

Fair enough I guess.

1 Like