Review Thread vs Roos. Little of Essington Little of Essendon

Absolutely loved it from Hooksy. This is the kind of mongrel this club has lacked for a long time now, and the more players we have that bring it, the better. Part of being a feared team once again includes bullying the fark out of opposition players. Embrace the hate as we have done for so long now!

11 Likes

The whole year. It was a serious deficiency in his game last year.
I friggin’ adore that he recognised it and worked on it.
Still not sure he’s the best point kick-out to the fifty option…silly whoever that was.

1 Like

I think we are even more derided than Collingwood at the moment. People are obsessed with the saga in those rubbish Facebook forums and social media. I avoid like the plague, of course they are full of highly opinionated knuckldraggers who can barely cobble together banal observations about football in text speak, there are trolls who are more fixated with EFC than their own club.

It’s a weird fixation.

3 Likes

Yes. Some people are incapable of intelligent discussion.
They’re best avoided.

1 Like

Yeah, thou shalt not take the name of Gumby in vain.

besides the Kangas cheer squad, literally no Norf supporters at the game. pretty ■■■■ poor by them. its been lovely telling my north supporter mate that the umpires were crap and we won anyway.

This is my favourite part. Everyone agrees that the AFL is corrupt, but nobody agrees on exactly why or how.

5 Likes

Remember when Bruce McAveney said Essendon would be everyone’s second team? That was just last week as I recall.

2 Likes

Bruce has dementia. Or just blind to everything that’s been happening for the last 5 years.

I would love to meet such a rare beast.
Edit: Family members don’t count.

1 Like

Reckon Joe spends more time up the ground than Ben Brown. And Ben has been playing in a better team (flip side, he has had more forward options taking goals away from him)

Is there a more Bogan commentary line up than Roo and Brown?

5 Likes

Jono brown is a legit fkn meathead. Hate listening to him

18 Likes

16 out of 21 possessions were contested. The most on the ground. He has become pretty important to us since he was dropped. Helps when he is not being played at half back.

6 Likes

I thought it would be a good idea to watch the replay today seeing as I’ve cooled down on the umpiring and I know the result. Nope. Fisher is actually the worst umpire ever. He just has no fkn idea how to umpire.

But apart from that, the Roos actually played us very well. Pushed up hard making it very hard to escape the D50. Brown is a freak and even with that it wasn’t a too bad game from Hartley he’s playing a bit more aggressively than the start of the year. It’s a slow improvement each week but he’s running out of time I think. Hurley will be wanting to forget this game though. Fumbling everything and got outmarked every time one on one.

Bags neither here nor there. Same for Kelly and McKenna.

Most of our midfield just weren’t getting a look in because of their press.

Watching the replay it felt like the only reason we were still in it at 3/4 time was because of Bellchambers, Fantasia, Parish, Walla and Watson. 100% without Bellchambers we lose.

If Norf was on fire I’d toast marshmallows.

13 Likes

I’d has it a guess that most of browns goals come from lead mark set shot. Fewer speccies and bombs from 60 on the turn. JD also has more of all round up the field game and is incredible below his knees for a guy his size

1 Like

You not only found & met, … but actually know one??

That’s like having a beer with a Unicorn,!! What are they like?

5 Likes

demonstrative.

It’s such a cool word.

1 Like

Unfortunately we succumbed to the narrative that had been building all week and dropped our performance level against a lower position team. It was almost a mirror of the last time the two teams met. I think we battle with the concept of a team hunting us rather than the other way around. Had this been Brisbane again we would have been beaten again. Just the level of absolute clangers and disposal efficiency told you they weren’t switched on.

Having said that they got the four points on the board and the win wasn’t entirely without merit. Hopefully our midfield is building cohesion. I know our midfield is ranked low statistically but I would think their performance over the last 6 weeks would be quite good. Myers seems to be building a real crash and bash style reminiscent of Rugby League.

Next week we have the reigning premiers who need to beat us to get a sniff of making the eight. We will need at the level we were at to beat Port andbThe Saints to get over them.

1 Like