Review Thread vs Roos. Little of Essington Little of Essendon

I will always remember him congratulating himself over AOD-9604.

1 Like

For McGuire to say Essendon got an advantage out of the saga is staggering. If they really think that then McGuire should instruct Buckley next year to simply not play 6 out of his top 10 players, then forgo the first two rounds of draft picks for two years and then have another 5 of his best 22 leave for other clubs. See how Collingwood go doing that if it is such an advantage you F$/KING MORON!!!

22 Likes

Woke up this morning and felt dirty from the win yesterday, but still it is a win and we live to play another week. Couldn’t hit the side of a barn with our passes in the first 3/4’s but switched on in the last to run away with it. I’ll take three out of three so far in July. I reckon we will be on for the game against the Doggies next week. Four from four would be freaking fantastic.

Interesting break down of the player rankings.

Has anyone got a link to download this match? The AFL replays app has not got the match yet.

Perhaps given we had a longer break between games and were playing a bottom side the boys got trained a little harder during our main session

As such came into game more fatigued, which had a big effect on our disposal

Also I thought the match ups were odd for kpd… Hartley should have played on Brown and Hurley on Waite.

We are the highest scoring side this round. Only 4 other sides cracked 100, just so happens we played one. Given their two key forwards had a day out 10 goals between them it isn’t surprising they did score heavily. Brown and Waite are good key forwards and we didn’t contain them.

If we think we played average and still scored the most in a round we’re on the right track. Consistently scoring above 100 means you’ll win more than you lose.

3 Likes

Matthew Knights once thought as you did.

5 Likes

Cannot stand the ■■■■■■■ twit. How much does he want to remind everyone just how rough and tough he was? and seriously if he says “put his nose in the trough” one more time I’ll spew up. The farkwit.

3 Likes

See Bloodstained_Devils post from a couple of hours back, he gave another link to a download.

Someone told me once all the suits at Fox Footy (they don’t trust the meatheads to buy their own) have “FOX FOOTY” stamped across the back so they don’t get nicked.

EFC.16MB.com

Call me biased if you like, but the first half we could not take a trick. Some of our players were almost getting their heads ripped off. High tackle I thought, wrong, its was nothing of the sort but play on. The game is becoming more and more like rugby.

Obviously, its not conspiracy theory, its just that we are all so one-eyed and slightly paranoid that we imagine the umpires are against us. Bullsh1t, call it synchronicity call it what you like, it happens far too often to be mere coincidence.

And sometimes, I wonder if it doesn’t drop the players concentration and motivation. Certainly affects mine!

1 Like

What is that measuring — e.g. Orazio kicks 4.1 and is ranked 40th of 42?

But LOL at Larkey’s negative score being a career best.

3 Likes

My eyebrows are relentlessly marching north and will meet the hairline in approx 4 years if current pace keeps up.

Knights has as many flags as Ross Lyon.

Hawthorn were allways a high scoring team in their flags.

The top 2 scoring sides this year are Adelaide and Geelong, coincidence that they are also top 2 on the ladder?

4 Likes

Top teams scores highly, shocker. How much do they conceed?

Less than they score obviously.

3 Likes

Yep, I realty noticed that yesterday. For some reason he seemed to be doing a Davey and ended up under about 5 long kicks. He did very well a number of times, quite apart from the tap to Hooker in the square, to halve the contest and get the ball to ground.
I don’t understand why none of our tall forwards, and there were 4 yesterday including Lav, could get to the majority of these. Stewart in particular seems to find himself not where the long kick is going to land.

Hard to believe he got looked over in two drafts

Watching the goal vids on the club site, I’ve never seen anything like tippa having a direct hand in 8 of our first 9 goals (including pressure act etc)

5 Likes