Review thread: Western Sydney Humidity

I’ve been following Essendon for 50 odd years and that’s the worst first round “performance” (using that term very loosely) that I can recall

8 Likes

Hold me beer…

4 Likes

saddle up it’s gonna get worse!

That was farking disgusting. It looked like our first session after Christmas break.

1 Like

It’s time Heppell got rid of the dregs and toughened up as a leader by getting rid of the surfer ways. He needs players to follow him and I don’t see it. I also question the leadership team aswell.

9 Likes

We looked like we rocked up for a bit of kick to kick at a Sunday picnic.
How a team can put up that sort of intensity round 1 beggars belief.

2 Likes

If it doesn’t mean anything to them they will never understand how much it means to us

2 Likes

I need to vent. Here are my thoughts on the game:

• Anyone who said JLT form isn’t important is a farking dunce.

• I hope we lose every game this year, until Worsfold is finally sacked. He is the most insipid coach we’ve ever had. I wanted to punch him the face, when he smirked at the camera.

• Hurley is finished. Whoever changed the way he played after 2015 should be shot. It’s the most bizarre thing I’ve ever seen.

• Myers is the luckiest human being in the history of mankind, he has had a full career and has only ever been at best, a little better than a farking log.

• Zaharakis should never play in the seniors again. He is a receiver and can’t actually deliver the ball. He is a parking disgrace.

• The sooner we can get the kids in, the better: Gleeson, Parish, Redman, Begley, Zerk-Thatcher etc.

• There are no excuses this season, I will break my TV if I hear any during the press conference.

27 Likes

Our work rate was abismal.

Hepp, Brown and Zaka are usually up there with the Kms at 14+ no Essendon player topped 12.5. That is effort and laziness.

2 Likes

Thank fck GWS had some massive outs

1 Like

Thought we’d be top 6. HA!

Thats an extra 4.2km run per player. On top of that, gws had the second lowest km run for the round. Next lowest is Adelaide at 266km.

Sure it’s not a running race but you gotta give yourself a chance.

10 Likes

Another year of being embarrassed to tell someone who I barrack for . When will it end

6 Likes

Lol. Heppell was the least of our problems today.

1 Like

Who could’ve expected playing players at 3/4 fit would backfire?

Totally out of the blue, that one.

6 Likes

I really hope z merret never captains our club.

You cant put in a game with the effort he did and want to lead a group of players.

Dunno who is up next but at this point leadership is looking very thin through the team.

1 Like

Too prestigious a brand for our club. The Amart board should be embarrassed.

5 Likes

What a sh*t thing to wish for.

5 Likes

That is Purely down to fitness.
I honestly have no idea what they have been doing over preseason. But they look unfit, and unsure of their game plan.

5 Likes

Hawthorn no Mitchell, Wingard turn up and flog Adelaide, play with ticker and pride.

That’s F***** putrid what we have just dished up.

Worsfold on his last chance with me

10 Likes