Review thread: Western Sydney Humidity

I don’t think GWS were that good.

5 Likes

Outrageous

2 Likes
1 Like

The other at least explained why gws was free all the time.

Falsification of data? GPS data magically appeared did it?

1 Like

If it’s not from Live Through This it doesn’t count.

2 Likes

Maybe the data could be recovered from the actual units but the live in game tracking was down?

1 Like

Lets be honest. GWS looked extremely rusty to me but they didn’t need to do anything special when there was no pressure on any of their players from our own.

1 Like

We don’t know that for sure mate, sure a few guys came in under done, but plenty had completed full preseasons. The effort level next week will be telling.

2 Likes

We will never get close to being any good, until every last one of the 34 are gone.
Hurley is a shadow of himself.
Bellchambers not good enough.
Hooker physically falling apart.
Myers too inconsistent.
Heppell ok/good, but not as Captain.

2 Likes

Some of us did say in 2016 that a cleanout could be the way to go. We’d have got a plethora of picks, but we would definitely now be in development mode and unlikely to have got SSSS.

I personally think there is enough talent on the list, but we need good coaching. I’m afraid we’re blowing it again.

1 Like

No they didn’t. They were pretty polished.

2 Likes

and intelligent football players able to cope with the modern game

We’ll have to agree to disagree then - to me they treated it like a training run and completely lacked intensity.

1 Like

So, at the airport and see that this must’ve been the airline the boys used

11 Likes

That’s because we were slow. They were rusty for about 10 minutes at the start, probably not coincidentally the only time we looked like we were in it. After that they were very good. Goal kicking was their only weakness, and they still managed to kick a massive score. I wouldn’t exactly say they lacked intensity either. They gave us zero space.

1 Like

On that - I can 100% agree.

1 Like

Any value in any of these blokes now or has the horse bolted?

No issues for Ambrose or Francis. Cameron did cop $2,000 for the Merrett tackle.

3 Likes

There needs to be a fumble / clean hands stat.

We were terrible as has been mentioned a million times here. The issue is with the modern game’s pace this has a massive compounding effect.

Fumble when clean hands would have led to a break away run = turnover = we seem slow because we were running to advantage (assuming no fumble) = always out of position = always chasing = always flat footed = seem lazy

Confidence breaks down very quickly when this happens.

I am not saying we would have won with clean hands but it is the biggest compounding error in the game because all decisions are based on the assumption the teammate with have clean hands and then do X.

7 Likes