Review thread: Western Sydney Humidity

I hope we win the flag!
I’m being realistic though, with this coach and list we won’t.
We can sit here for 23 weeks and go through the same ■■■■ or make a change by round 5.

It’s like knowing you need a divorce but won’t oulk the trigger, until you do but by then you’re old and fat and won’t find a new wife

These boys have made the finals!!!

Showing more respect for the history of our footy club then the footy side.

1 Like

Waiting for the tassie team to jump ship. Hopefully not far away

you wont find a better snake oil salesman.

Charming bloke.

Merrett played today?

7 Likes

Sadly some of our supporters have no class.

3 Likes

22 Likes

Dat humidity will get ya

Wow. There’s some full on responses here. Awful performance, yes. Pretty weak, definitely. Worrying? Yep.

I watch today and it’s clear that the team isn’t on the same page. Initially I thought it was a sign of being being unprepared for the start of the season. I think that true still, but fear there is a deeper cause.

I’d hate to think two years in a row that we have game plan issues, but if that’s the case then it’s an indictment on the club. Quite a few teams underperformed first round, and if there was a theme it was the teams that played safe and long. That shouldn’t be a problem for us, yet we skirted the boundary, rarely took the game on, and played slow in general - in total opposition to how we played in the back half of last year. And in total disregard of our strengths.

I’m hoping this is an aberration and that things will click into gear. What I suspect is that there is some discontent in the group, and that we have adopted a game plan foreign to our strengths.

Next week will reveal much.

13 Likes

Well, maybe this is just like that loss against the Bulldogs in 2000.

1 Like

Really? He was as bad as the rest today so he doesn’t get a “poor Shiel” from me.

1 Like

It’s hard to have any sort of game plan when your players all can’t hit a target

1 Like

The mot worrying thing was the lack on intent, you expect skills not to be top notch in round 1. But not not play with the intensity that we have been promising all summer and showed late last year is deplorable

3 Likes

Leon Cameron had more distance covered today than any of our players.
I’ve never seen Zac like that before, he’d given up during the first quarter.

Is there something to this Ricky Nixon rumour, it sure looks like it? Surely someone here knows something.

They treated that game like it was a pointless round 22 or 23 clash, when your season is done, players are injured/on ice for next season etc etc and you’re playing a top team with nothing on the line.

Except it was round farking one after six months of talk

2 Likes

That’s a big call.

Have you got evidence that there is an upward trajectory?

Just wait till we play a side that is in form.

1 Like

What’s that thing other teams do where they kick into space in the forward 50 and the forward runs hard and leads their man to that space to take the mark?

We should try that.

14 Likes

What made up rumour

He might not of played well, but he was putting in all game. Which is more than can be said for a lot of others

How was our leadership group, aside from Heppell.
Myers, Merrett and Fantasia. F*ckong pathetic performance from supposed leaders. The first time I seen Merrett and Fantasia on the screen was late in the second quarter.

Not good enough. We need real leaders. not tokenism.

3 Likes