Review v hawks

Quoted Post
Ambrose did land on a very soft player though

Saw a German Shepherd try and mount a poodle in a park once.

Very similar scene Sunday arvo with Ambrose n Hill

Can’t say that I’ve ever seen dogs mount each other in the missionary position before.

They must’ve been some really kinky k-9’s that you saw that day C-A.

They call it “Human Style”

What is the rule on blocking the man on the mark? Hawks have been doing it for a while - standing a guy right on the man on the mark to shepard when the ball carrier plays on. I thought it was against the rules?

We were onto it though. We had a player of our own stand a few meters away from the blocker so that we could still impact the kick when the ump called play on.

Yeah there was a game last year they really burned us with it but it didn’t seem to help them on the weekend.

Quoted Post

Can’t say that I’ve ever seen dogs mount each other in the missionary position before.

They must’ve been some really kinky k-9’s that you saw that day C-A.

What is the rule on blocking the man on the mark? Hawks have been doing it for a while - standing a guy right on the man on the mark to shepard when the ball carrier plays on. I thought it was against the rules?

We were onto it though. We had a player of our own stand a few meters away from the blocker so that we could still impact the kick when the ump called play on.

Not sure if it against the rules, but if not it should be.  Ugly look.  Ugly team.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
^^^ On Riolli & Puopulo I like great football but these two stage for frees continually and I hate that. Hawthorne are forever trying to take advantage of grey areas in the rules. Fark the Hawks And fark Carlton

They’re clearly coached to point to the ground and look at the umpire as they step a couple of metres over the mark to stop you moving the ball quickly. It has given me the ■■■■■ me for years

Add Roughead to that list. Plays for frees all the time.

Quoted Post

^^^ On Riolli & Puopulo I like great football but these two stage for frees continually and I hate that. Hawthorne are forever trying to take advantage of grey areas in the rules. Fark the Hawks And fark Carlton

They’re clearly coached to point to the ground and look at the umpire as they step a couple of metres over the mark to stop you moving the ball quickly. It has given me the ■■■■■ me for years

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Quoted Post

video?

Nah, Animal farm.

Quoted Post

Finally got around to this great thread and each page of the 26 current ones was well worth the read.

Home reserved seat is in M9 (right next to ya Zimmer!!) and was surprised at the empty seats around me and my EFC supporting mate. There was a whole row empty in front of us. However, that was all forgotten once the first siren blew.

The atmosphere was fantastic with the sun shining in our eyes for 3 quarters and smarty me didn’t bring my EFC cap. The EFC 84-85 players prior to the game was very warming and a lot of respect was shown to them.

I’ve got seats in M52 and there were a lot of vacant ones around us too. I was pretty disappointed by the turnout.

Quoted Post

I just watched the last quarter and Breust did 2 filthy head ducks. Thankfully the umps were onto him. Wish he had it taken off.

Quoted Post

They are both very good at running with their ■■■■■ dragging on the ground to draw frees.

^^^
On Riolli & Puopulo I like great football but these two stage for frees continually and I hate that. Hawthorne are forever trying to take advantage of grey areas in the rules. Fark the Hawks
And fark Carlton

Finally saw the game…

Hate Rioli. Doesn’t really do much but when he does it HURTS.

Really hate Puopulo. Dead set wanker.

Zerrett! Gleeson! ASHBY! Amazing. I can’t believe how much Ashby got involved when he came on. He went out there wanting to make his mark and boy did he. Zerrett got a couple votes from me. Gleeson had a few rough edges but was outstanding. 3 players right there. Sack DUDoro.

Heppell and Watson were great. Some of Hepps disposal seemed a little off but jeez he covers some ground. He was getting a lot of attention too.

Colyer… I’d argue this was his best game yet. And yes, the sprint at the end was just amazing. After that performance he has to be a lock for the next few weeks.

Have I read some people not happy with Stantons game? Fk me… And surely Melksham won some hearts and minds for his performance?

Joedan has made it. So has Carlisle.

I’d seen the last 2 minutes a few times through the week. But watching the full game last night I could still feel a lump in my throat and the fear the we were going to lose. That Hooker goal, and the noise when he kicked it. Wish I’d been there. Instead I’ll settle for being there to watch us (please, please, PLEASE…) smash the scum.

Quoted Post

Watched it again because why not.

Seriously feel half way through the 3rd we were all over them and this close to breaking them before Carlisle missed the set shot and the ump harshly called pig for playing on which lead to their first goal in a run of 3.

Geez we just hung in there in the 4th. They were all over us and we stuck to our structures and just kept cracking in.

That goal to Riolio just before halftime was terrible.

Probably wasted about half a dozen good scoring opportunities because we just missed a kick inside 50 or put a handball to ground.

Far from a perfect performance but all the basics were there. A lesser side than hawthorn with a little less pressure on the ball and they would have been completely blown away.

Got to back that up this week

Lol. It’s an intoxicating game to watch, isn’t it? I just hope and prey to whichever deity will listen that it’s not the highlight of our year, and we’ll have a few more games to rewatch just like this one.

The Carlisle miss was huge. It felt it at the time too.

Last week told a real story about this team, this week will tell another.

Quoted Post

Finally got around to this great thread and each page of the 26 current ones was well worth the read.

Home reserved seat is in M9 (right next to ya Zimmer!!) and was surprised at the empty seats around me and my EFC supporting mate. There was a whole row empty in front of us. However, that was all forgotten once the first siren blew.

The atmosphere was fantastic with the sun shining in our eyes for 3 quarters and smarty me didn’t bring my EFC cap. The EFC 84-85 players prior to the game was very warming and a lot of respect was shown to them.

Anyway, won’t talk about every player that played well since the entire team had a magnificent display of performance. However, what was up with Howlett? Injured or just had a ■■■■■■ game? Those final few moments were absolutely incredible. Colyer’s goal, then the smart handball to Hooker, THE GOAL, Stanton’s smother, Ambrose’s tackle and Heppell’s smart kick along the boundary with 25 secs left was just thrilling. I’ve seen the Adam Goodes and Nick Riewoldt misses after the siren live, but this win tops it by FAR.

Everyone was going nuts at the final siren. I couldn’t even stand properly due to my right leg shaking like a motherfarker. I was THAT nervous. I think we ended up singing the song about 5 times. Finally, looked at the big screen and saw Sheeds waving the scarf which forced tears out of my eyes. A beautiful moment from Sheeds.

Just before I conclude this post, after the final siren, a fan was wearing a Hawks tank top and headed down to our area. He went all the way down to row A in the aisle between M9-10 and started high fiving EFC fans whilst nodding his head in appreciation. I guess NOT all of them bad :slight_smile:

Watching it again today, Howlett seemed to get injured in the same piece of play where Frawley hurt his boob. Bobcat played on, but didn’t seem to be as mobile and damaging as his normal self. Still went in hard at the contests thought. Subbed out in the end, but good on him toughing out the game under duress.

Quoted Post

Anyway, won’t talk about every player that played well since the entire team had a magnificent display of performance. However, what was up with Howlett? Injured or just had a ■■■■■■ game? Those final few moments were absolutely incredible. Colyer’s goal, then the smart handball to Hooker, THE GOAL, Stanton’s smother, Ambrose’s tackle and Heppell’s smart kick along the boundary with 25 secs left was just thrilling. I’ve seen the Adam Goodes and Nick Riewoldt misses after the siren live, but this win tops it by FAR.

Everyone was going nuts at the final siren. I couldn’t even stand properly due to my right leg shaking like a motherfarker. I was THAT nervous. I think we ended up singing the song about 5 times. Finally, looked at the big screen and saw Sheeds waving the scarf which forced tears out of my eyes. A beautiful moment from Sheeds.

Just before I conclude this post, after the final siren, a fan was wearing a Hawks tank top and headed down to our area. He went all the way down to row A in the aisle between M9-10 and started high fiving EFC fans whilst nodding his head in appreciation. I guess NOT all of them bad :slight_smile:

I was reading this post with so much vigour that I read Stanton’s mother and whilst finishing reading thinking where?..what? I don’t remember anything about his mother…had to go back for another look…I am so pumped at the moment!!!

Watched it again because why not.

Seriously feel half way through the 3rd we were all over them and this close to breaking them before Carlisle missed the set shot and the ump harshly called pig for playing on which lead to their first goal in a run of 3.

Geez we just hung in there in the 4th. They were all over us and we stuck to our structures and just kept cracking in.

That goal to Riolio just before halftime was terrible.

Probably wasted about half a dozen good scoring opportunities because we just missed a kick inside 50 or put a handball to ground.

Far from a perfect performance but all the basics were there. A lesser side than hawthorn with a little less pressure on the ball and they would have been completely blown away.

Got to back that up this week

How about port sooking that they are missing lobbe and mostly the reason they are not firing atm.
hello… Spent big bucks on Judas to be unbeatable premierships favourites…

Suck ■■■■. You can have him!!!