Review v lions

still yet to concede 100 points.

Not bad, but if only Hardy had been in, we could have won by more.

On another note -

So nice to see the team play well without Jobe/Hepps and to some extent BJ shining. Some very good performances there. I’m particularly pleased that a number of pseudo-supporters on here will be gnashing their teef and howling into their milkshakes.

How good is it to be able to post in the review thread and feel relaxed and happy with the world.
Side issue - Bomber has no idea what is going on. Does he even watch? He asked in the 3rd quarter whether Carlisle had been rucking in relief of Bellchambers. WTF. He seemed surprised when one of the other commentators said Ambrose had been.

And after however long at the club, he still thinks Hibberd is HibbArd. And couldn’t remember Zac Merrett’s name - he said Jaxson’s brother…er, no.7

How good is it to be able to post in the review thread and feel relaxed and happy with the world. Side issue - Bomber has no idea what is going on. Does he even watch? He asked in the 3rd quarter whether Carlisle had been rucking in relief of Bellchambers. WTF. He seemed surprised when one of the other commentators said Ambrose had been.

And after however long at the club, he still thinks Hibberd is HibbArd. And couldn’t remember Zac Merrett’s name - he said Jaxson’s brother…er, no.7

He also thought Joe had ‘matured in his language and the way he speaks’.

Not sure he ever spoke to Joe based on that comment.

Why don't we kick big scores against crap teams??

we just won by 2 points shy of 10 goals what more do you want?

You missed the sacastica font.

There will still be some muppets who will come on here later and say, “Yes, yes, yeas, it was a good win but …”

NO butts about it.

Spot on CJ, it was a great return to form and the first time we’ve seen this forward line really click.

Ben Howlett, 3 votes.

Any of the injury concerns going to be an issue going into dreamtime?
Chappy, Fletch or Hibberd?

Pig i didnt notice anything myself but commentators mentioned him hobbling late in the last
Chappy looked very very sore after that collision
Fletch i missed but tv saying a knee or ankle?

TV showed Fletch getting a brace put on his knee. No info about extent of injury though.

Very impressed. Generally we dont sink the boots into teams. Today we went on with it and really played some decent footy

Definately a lot of positives today

Some cracking comments in the game thread during first half. Geez some of you are reallllly depressing

Good win. Bring on dreamtime at the G

You haven’t exactly been rainbows and butterflies the last couple of weeks WOB. You would have to admit that by your own assessment.
There was the odd silly comment but the first half was pretty ordinary, especially with our lack of ability to transition from defence into attack. We weren’t as clean or as synchronised as we should have been. You can only go by what you see.

We corrected it really well in the second half and there were lots of encouraging signs that many players can hopefully use this match as a means of gaining confidence and forward momentum into this 2015 campaign. Importantly, we buried a side, which we often have trouble doing. On to the Dreamtime at the G!

yep, how was bellchambers game ? haha potting others for being depressing in the game thread when wob was doing it himself.

Said it before, Zmerrett will be an absolute ripper.

It’s games like this that should make people realise yes Daniher is like a baby giraffe, still learning how to stand up properly and walk, but dropping him is gonna be pointless. Just needs to tweek a couple of bad habits but other than that the rest is just gonna take time and can’t be rushed, so again no point even contemplating dropping him.

Cooney is probably only equal to coyler at present for most important cog in the team at present. look such a more dangerous and smarter team with those two up and about.

The rest, same ■■■■ different week. Some great bits of play, some good, some bad, some atrocious. Still need ahell of alot of improvement in decision making.
Some signs some players were breaking their shackles a bit the longer the game went on, Hibberd being one.

It’s a step in the right direction, nothing more or less though really.

I think every single one of us is happy with the win and the way the team played in the second half. I’m wondering, however, what it really means, given the start to Brisbane’s season and our own dire form in the past month.

Very happy to belt a team. Feels good.

• Daniher showed what he can do against guys he’s a physical match for.
  • Baguley’s role in marking contests down back is pivotal. He’s strong above his head, and willing to act as the bottom of a pack when necessary. He’s a fantastic back pocket, let’s leave him there.
  • Zac Merrett. So good.
  • Hibberd kicked one on his right foot. It was a scrubby shocker, but it happened.
TV showed Fletch getting a brace put on his knee. No info about extent of injury though.

No brace on in the change rooms after the game for the song, so may have just been a precaution.

Wasn’t near a TV, didn’t see a minute of the game.

Therefore, not surprised at the result. I watch - we lose, I don’t watch - we win.

You’re all welcome.

I think every single one of us is happy with the win and the way the team played in the second half. I'm wondering, however, what it really means, given the start to Brisbane's season and our own dire form in the past month.

31…

Attractive hard footy. Love the Coondawg. Merrett off half back has some Merrett.

CoonDon I reckon.

Good win, some good performances from guys who have been a bit down is promising. ■■■■ is quality.

BTW, Nice ad for dreamtime at the g afl, couldn’t include 1 farking essendon player, chalk another one up to hq’s vendetta.

I really like jackson merrett. Hope we persist with him.

great win. i reckon i might get on the bevvies.

If everyone played with the fearlessness, selflessness and aggression of Mark Baguley we would be unbeatable. The bloke is an absolute legend.

Thank god we came good. They are a really a unbalanced side the Lions. No real KPPs at either end for that matter. We were really poor in conceding 5 goals in the 1st and 8 by half time.

So people can only go on what they have seen in the past and the first half so I don’t see an issue there.

There was some concern there for Hird to coach from the boundary line. I think it had some effect.

Feels good to win by 50 plus points. Hope we can build on this.

Best of Zacka will improve us and Colyer will have some help to run and carry the ball. Lose to the Tigers and we will be set back again.