Review vs Dees - Melk and Hibberd vindication

Jobe’s had it - well and truly cooked.

6 Likes

Meaning we are less than average. We certainly were today. If not for Hurley and Melbourne not kicking straight could have been a ten goal loss.

We’ve recruited some good pace but it doesn’t make the slow players any faster…

4 Likes

Reminded me of Brisbane game last year

1 Like

Yes, one we should have won but couldn’t due to bringing out Essington form.

1 Like

Here we go again - the usual rubbish served up after a good game the week before. Can’t they figure out how to play well more than one week in a row?

JoeD - I have an idea. You played like you had premiership hangover today. Why don’t you stop waving your hands around in a silly fashion (like we are winning the last quarter of a Grand Final) when you score a goal, and start focussing every week?

That delivery into the forward line was dreadful and looked like a team that’s mind was not on the job.

Thank goodness Hurley and McGrath played well.

3 Likes

Waaaaaay too much made of the Anzac break. Pies doing fine… teams have five day breaks every season… half a day less restdoesnt make you miss every single farking target…

We are a poor football team. I didn’t want to see it, i still don’t won’t to believe it but time for delusion to end. The positives are a spine to build around and some quality youth.

So disappointed right now.

4 Likes

Da ■■■■ was that ■■■■?

2 Likes

And; Zacca unfortunately, is NOT on his Pat Malone.

Woosha is shortly going to have some difficult decisions to make. Perhaps, some more games like this until the bye and then pick and choose and rotate seniors with juniors to get game time. Regardless of who the players are. Maybe Hooker would be better playing back rather than forward or was today a one off or nearly everybody off???

1 Like

Imagine how good a fit and firing Laverde would be!

Our pace is all small, our inside mids are all slow and their kicking has gone to ■■■■.

No ambrose really makes Hurleys role change, today he was zoning off, but watts and Petracca got of the chain as a result. Ambrose plays and one of those does nothing.

It certainly was a ■■■■ performamce by both teams.

Jobe looked like he was just going through the motions and he wasn’t the only one.

The whole team must have caught the same virus.

Have all of you forgotten we were really really bad last year?

4 Likes

Is it just me or does our defence have a huge Hooker-shaped hole in ir??

What was the point of picking up Stewart if we aren’t going to play him??

11 Likes

Trying to bring some semblance of positivity, I thought Hurley played his best game all year. His last 2 weeks have been top notch. Dea I thought did a good job for most the day, Goddard and McGrath tried and Zerrett did his best but had below his average output for disposal. Bags was decent I guess.

On the flipside, Watson & Parish had 24 possessions between them and Zaharakis not only can’t find the ball now but when he does he full on sh*ts himself and goes for the quick kick. Honestly Zaharakis is fcking 27 and still can barely break even. Heppell was below average and only buffed his stats in the last 10 mins. McKenna has no game awareness and it’s clear he’s only learnt how to get the ball at VFL level and not actually defend or position himself properly not to cost the team badly. Brown was useless all day and I still can’t fathom why we pick him over Hartley. Missing goals from Joe is one thing but going for stupid speccies fcking kills you, give our smalls a chance to win the crumb. Gleeson is still playing like it’s his second year, just like Zaka we’re waiting for him to take that next step and it never comes. Bellchambers at least got better in the last half I guess and didn’t do any worse than Luey. Both our ruckman stink tho as both are getting 10 odd touches and doing nothing around the ground. Anyone know what Howletts role is? The Stanton role? He’ll be 29 by the end of the year but sure lets carry a bloke that doesn’t contribute over anybody else. Oh and can somebody teach Hooker how to lead?

Honestly our midfield is garbage and the frustrating thing is I can’t really see anyone else to bring in bar average honest toilers that are almost 30. The club needs to draft mids, mids, mids.

5 Likes

Yes quite a few players were very poor today, I feel the our coaching & fitness dept need to shoulder a majority of the responsibly for today’s effort.

1 Like

watching replay, wow this was a bad game, really really bad

1 Like

5 day turnaround really hurting Collingwood hey?

3 Likes

As I thought Melksham was not a loss and Hibberd is.

Overall I think we wasted our chances in the 1st quarter and then dropped our heads. Disposal was poor by both sides in the first half. Melbourne improved their disposal after half time and we did not. We need more midfielders. Myers may not be the answer but desperately need more grunt there so I’d play him.

Ok. A few things here…

1. Clearly the five day back up hurt us, always a problem post ANZAC Day. Our guys looked leg weary from the start & fatigue set in early & skills were sloppy from early on. Z Merrett normally so clean & precise was sloppy. Most unusual.

2. Conversion. I honestly feel we dominated proceedings for much of the second quarter but Joe’s yips in particular really hurt us. IMO we should’ve had a 4+ goal lead going into half time.

3. McKenna is a mile away and is a wasted selection IMO. I feel like we played one short with him in the team. Seems harsh? It’s a harsh business and he’s not up to it. Yet.

4. The ruck. Bellchambers was probably always going to struggle first up after the 12 months plus his 10 month absence prior to that. Even though he had nothing to beat, it was fairly obvious Pederson & Watts were going to jump into him & try to nullify his influence at centre clearances in particular. They did that & IMO Bellchambers gave us little around the ground. I thought we looked better when Joe was rucking but obviously it left us short up forward. IMO McKernan was a better option today.

5. Melbourne tried to have a spare all day today, we manned him up pretty quickly but in the third term, they finally got the loose they were looking for & it was Tom McDonald. I think we gave up manning up their spares. McDonald kicked a goal in the third term, he was the 9th player on the defensive side of the square for them which did two things, made it really difficult for our forward to find space to lead into & our stalls to get to the front & on the flip side when they kicked it long from defence/midfield, their forwards had space all around them. Baguley had no hope on Garlett in that situation. Thank heavens for Hurley & McGrath.

Hopefully we can rebound at Subi next week off a 7 day break.

Melbourne are actually good. Not sure if people are factoring this in.