Review vs Dees - Melk and Hibberd vindication

Yep, cos we always play Subi so very, very well…

They were very poor today. Turned the footy over heaps. We just turned it over more.

9 Likes

They are and we, have far too many passengers. Blame it on a five day break but time will tell.

Zaharakis reminds me of late career Mercuri at the moment. Clearly too much going on in the scone to be useful

2 Likes

Its 2017.

If time hasn’t told by now, it never will.

Took the thoughts out of my head. Lav & Ambo would/will/do make a hell of a difference to the teams structure, attitude, and drive.

3 Likes

Five changes to a team already struggling to connect. We’re an average team at the moment that failed to take chances. Things could get better as the year goes on though.

2 Likes

Someone please explain the brown over Hartley selection. Going on a month and I still don’t get it.

We should have been 4 goals up at halftime. Not taking our chances in first half saw them still in the game. Momentum swung and we couldn’t fight back.

2 Likes

You might get your wish. Brown hurt his leg late.

At half time the game was pitiful, Worsfold had the opportunity to make something happen by moving Hurley forward, Hooker back, Joe ruck and Tbell forward, he didn’t and the inevitable happened. He lacks imagination.

1 Like

I reckon it is just about written in blood in Hurley’s contract that he will refuse to ever play forward again lol

Are you a mutant?

6 Likes

Or maybe not. Maybe he is simply letting the dice roll.

Worsfold didn’t go OOT after last weeks win
He just said we are a long way from where we want to be
We are a work in progress

2 Likes

Lets face it, there was really only one thing that brought us unstuck. The game plan is there, the speed is there, the transition is there, the defence, (when fully staffed) is there, … we just butchered the ball by foot, in our delivery, & then in front of goal.

Just got the hoodoo today, bad. Sometimes we can hit targets & we look electric,… then sometimes it’s like today, … and that was the worst it’s been all year, bar agin Farkton in the rain.
Severe pressure from the Deez?? That always brings us unstuck at this point & teams know it.

But perhaps more a combination of fatigue, newby nerves, and JD getting into a neg head space???

Fixable? … You’d think so, … How long?? That is the question.

8 Likes

5-day break hurt us.
What an absolute load of crap. It didn’t seem to bother Collingwood on an outdoor track no less…
We are slow and ■■■■■, that’s what hurt us.
We rolled up expecting to beat a wounded team missing key players - that’s what hurt us.

6 Likes

Suggested JD & TBell swap in the MD thread. No idea why you would have swapped Chook 'n Hurls though.

1 Like

A lot of people do not seem to understand that Hurls doesn’t want to go forward, no matter what we want. If he isn’t playing well then drop him. As for Hooker, if we want him as a forward then he has to stay there and learn, in all circumstances.

If my boss tells me to do something I do it.

5 Likes