Review vs Tin-rattlers. Or is this @smj thing?

Well played.

Bask in the win, focus on ANZAC day tomorrow

15 Likes

Put them on ice/cotton wool…whatever it takes…to get them right for Anzac day. (Ooops)

3 Likes

You’re saying to give them TB4?

7 Likes

Shield is a super doper woper star

10 Likes

Brown quietly backing up his great game last week with another good game. 20 disposals, 3 goals. Would have been another fantastic game if he didn’t miss two easy set shots

20 Likes

Hep, Sheil and Zac combined for 108 possessions. They had 41 between them in the second quarter alone.
Sheil finds space where there was no space

17 Likes

This is way more fun than talking about how “good teams know how to win ugly”. Just roll out there and ■■■■ up bad teams.

36 Likes

Fair to say North couldn’t cope with the pressure of playing in front of such a large crowd…

27 Likes

Put $10 on Zach Merrett most possessions, Orazio Fantasia most goals and Essendon to win by 25+ points.

And $10 on Fantasia first goal.

Well that was the easiest $1000 I made :smile:

63 Likes

They got jealous of the non-North Melbourne tins and were off their game.

But really as I said in the match day there we look better than we did as North missed a lot. Could have been a lot different if they kicked straight in the first.

We missed too, however Collingwood will destroy us next week and the teams coming up after them will too if we let this happen.

Half forward line was lazy at times too much.

We looked good all across the ground. We ran hard and linked up well. We looked like a functional and coherent footy team. Still work to improve on our decision making and passing - but overall we were skilful. Lots to like and room for improvement - which I think is a good fin for the future. We are in form to give ANZAC Day a real crack.

One area we seem to not do well is having numbers in front and back of a pack. The opposition seem to have players there for the ball at the back or if it’s punched forward.

4 Likes

I liked them saying the crowd had come for North.

There were lots of blue and white colours in the TV shots of the crowd, but what was the mix? 33-15 our way?

We were unstoppable for periods in that game. Kudos to the coaches for only botching 2 games to start the year.

2 Likes

Ambrose added Ben Brown to his list of victims. Just two junk time goals to Brown, one of which was a gift from a shocking turnover. So basically one goal to both of them

33 Likes

Shiel

27 Likes

Shiel 866m gained. Career high. Wow! The running machine we have sorely been lacking in recent years.

34 Likes

Jed Anderson with over a quarter of the tackle count for his entire team.

You’d be utterly filthy over this if you were the norf fan.

17 Likes

We looked farking sexy today. There, I said it.

Shiel though. That 2nd quarter and part of the 3rd. Sheesh. Also, Mitch Brown is very underrated. Just goes completely unnoticed by oppo which is great.

16 Likes

Shiel was incredible.

I would have to go back to Misiti to remember such a dominant midfielder display

Edit: Jobe (of course) but very different styles

5 Likes

yeah ■■■■ you smj for drounting we’d win … hahaha