Review vs Tin-rattlers. Or is this @smj thing?

You shut your pie hole!

You’re askin’ for it buddy!

1 Like

Comprehensive win in all facets.

In the last few years Ive wondered is Heps our most important player?

Then thought maybe it is Hurley?

Then thought maybe its Merrett, maybe its Daniher, maybe its Fantasia, maybe its Hooker.

Maybe its SHIEL.

This team is so chockers with talent and for the first time in a long, long time I am starting to think our midfield may push into the top echelon.

Absoutely devastating in the midfield, was incredibly enjoyable to watch.

Cannot see North avoiding the bottom 4 and a real chance for bottom 2 based off what I saw.

I would drop both Bellchambers and Baguley for their stupid brain farts in the 3rd qrt

Bellchambers for not going back and kicking the goal and Baguley asking for the hand ball over the top with North players right next to him.

1 Like

Oh hi Mark.

You could even say…BLITZED…that game.

2 Likes

Just plays his best game. Nino drops him.

4 Likes

haha, why can imagine that being an interesting meeting, probably worthy of a thread or post in and of itself.

Wanted Jake to give them another wave when he took the mark 10-15 out… was MAYBE a little early

I like bags up forward, does his role, tackles puts on pressure does all the team things.
I hope he stays in relatively good form and hopefully the team keeps playing well and it all works.

I can also see players probably passing him by seasons end.

If you can get the same defensive output from a begley, or mossy down the track imagine how potent that forwardline would become even moreso, esp begley as generally he has some pretty decent skill.

I agree no point changing for the sake of just wanting change, but how mouth watering is it to see what could become in that area if some of the younger guys coming through can break their way in.

Guys something scary happened yesterday. Very Scary.

For the first time in my life as a bombers supporter - the commentators were speaking about how good our midfield was and that our midfield ‘dominated’/

The word midfield dominance and essendon usually do not go in the same sentence.

I said this in the lid off thread but all the chips are starting to fall into essendon’s favour. I genuinely think WE are the dees/pies of last year, the tigers of the year before and dogs the year before that. A team that finished outside the 8 the previous year and now genuine contenders. I don’t really see any other team we can’t beat or at least compete with on our day and given no injuries.

There was one passage where he was allegedly chasing Sheil who cruised right past him, but he just gave up and refused to chase to apply any sort of pressure. Very weak effort.

GWS
St.Kilda

4 Likes

Thought the boss was an Adelaide fan.

Exactly, thank goodness we’re improving and we certainly are seeing some positive signs, even passion, but remember WE ARE ESSENDON as much as WE ARE ESSINGTON in recent years… lets not go too early and see if we can be consistent ESSENDON for a while. Yesterday was certainly enjoyabe!

I certainly don’t think we should get carried away just yet.

We’re currently sixth favourite for the flag. In the next two weeks we play the first and second favourite.

If we win one of those games then we’re doing well. If we lose both and are uncompetitive - back to the drawing board. If we win both however - the lid will be heading to Mars…

5 Likes

Slowly turning her but I think it’s more the fact I’ve spent $2k on memberships and close to the same to come over this weekend that riled her up the most. My ears are still ringing from the expletives :rofl:

3 Likes

HS thinks we need to start displaying the “Speed Kills” again on the jumper. Very good review.

Is it sad how happy it makes me to see the team performing well? Not just winning a game but dominating team?

2 Likes

I’ll leave the analysing to the experts. Out of the 2 teams competing one started a bit rusty and then found their groove but still made some simple mistakes like handballing into a team mates chest and the other team were crap.

1 Like