Review vs Tin-rattlers. Or is this @smj thing?

Robbo usually pretty harsh about Essendon - even he couldn’t miss the dominance of our midfield.

Shiel, Merrett and Heppell building some fantastic chemistry

Kind of annoyed

Not enough credit is going to Essendon it’s all about how bad North are and saying that a top team with a good defensive system wont allow Essendon to play their attacking brand of footy.

Has it ever occurred to some of these media fck wits that we grounded North to ground to the point where the damm wall busted which allowed us to get our run and gun game going?

2 Likes

Why worry Nino? They’ll be all over us when we win number 17.

2 Likes

Talk to me team regarding how much you think we did or did not turn off during the game when we got far enough ahead?

How much more did we have in us?

Our clearances in the second quarter, particularly during our burst of scoring, were absolutely sublime.

Francis is The Chief Wiggum to our Be Sharps at the moment :flushed:

3 Likes

If you look closely, Pidge goes ‘fark…!’ as he rubs his head.

Classy as usual.

Oh well, on the bright side, they were able to have a good long hard look at their future at the VFL game today :slight_smile:

5 Likes

In fairness we need to earn that level of respect. Beat Collingwood and people will start to take notice. I don’t mind us flying under the radar for a while, Richmond basically made it to a GF before anyone thought they were a genuine threat.

1 Like

Just watching the replay. We were a bit messy going forward at times, but far out we owned the ball for the second and third quarters to the point that I legitimately forgot who we had aging in our defence!

They got quite a few spoils in the North defence which resulted in the ball leaving our fwd line but luckily we got back quickly in defence and stop any chance of North scoring the other way.

I thought North rebounded quite quickly in the 1st qtr and the first half of the 2nd, but missed easy goals when they had the chance to score on the end of it.
A number of times they had a free player or players ahead of the ball coming through the centre and on the attacking side of centre that we hadn’t picked up. You can’t see on TV how that comes about, but we looked easy to rebound and score against in that period.
Later in the game their rebound out of defence fell over completely due mainly to poor ball use.
If you want to see a side rebound out of defence, look at Richmond on Sat night, or Collingwood on Thurs night. Now that’s running hard and moving it quickly.

1 Like

That’s what I’m worried about if the ball leaves our fwd line we could be fcked on Anzac Day

We rebound just as fast, however we still need to make sure we are just as fast as getting back.

Was watching the replay (for the 10th or so time) and noticed a fantastic thing that Walla did. Wouldn’t get a stat for it, but shows the quick thinking stuff he does during the game for the teams benefit.

Someone posted a gif of it on Twitter.

14 Likes

I thought we missed the chance to straighten up our forward entries by playing JD away from goals for much of the game. He didn’t really give us much up the ground so I thought his lack of match fitness would mean more time deep forward. Against Collingwood we need to be more efficient forward because it’s almost certain we won’t enjoy similar midfield dominance.

Richmond were 40odd up in the 4th before anyone thought they were a threat

3 Likes

Feel free to disagree. Only saying what I saw. The love that bloke gets on here is weird. He made several clangers and was his usual hot n cold self drifting completely out of the game for long periods of time. Last week he looked good, this week he was rubbish. He needs to find consistency. Until then, he will go in and out of the team if form is the factor for team selection. And I know that is a big if ha ha.

1 Like