Review vs Tin-rattlers. Or is this @smj thing?

The umpire said ‘watch the knees’ and that it eas nearly or next time is 50.

If you see a bloke using his knees, pay a free of fifty immediately. Weak as ■■■■ umpire.

5 Likes

■■■■ Carlton.

2 Likes

21 Likes

Norf staffers talked a big game last year. What happened?

5 Likes

What a game. Had some wicked seats to enjoy it too.

Redman is already a gun.

Shiel is playing the game on easy mode at the moment, some of those plays were taking the ■■■■.

How the hell do we fit in Lav, Begley, Francis, Langford into this side??

Watching the 3rd quarter. Ham was super impressive off the forward flank laying 2 big run down tackles at the first two centre bounces. Think we have found a good one here.

6 Likes

Im on a roll

22 Likes

I thought this was a 50/50 game, but that was one of the most comprehensive wins I can remember in some time. North played badly but that’s because we didn’t allow them to play.

Shiel is orgasmic, truly our Judd-like elite midfielder. Pace, skill and strength and I don’t think his kicking is anywhere near as bad as what people say. He’s a FCKN GUN.

Zerrett had one of the best games of his career. He and Shiel ripped North apart in the second, leather posining is one thing but he hurt them with just about every touch. 39 disposals, 16 contested and 7 clearances is a fckn destruction.

Heppell completed the midfield domination with Sheil and Zerrett. A few floaties but I thought he was a great decision maker and his inside work was fantastic. He and Shiel were the grunt all day and Zerrett was both but killed them on the outside. A magnificent game from the captain.

Credit to Bellchambers. Has had a sh*t year but that was by far the Bellchambers of old. Contested marks, some great taps, and should have kicked 2 goals but gave one away and mucked up another. If we’re to beat Collingwood and Grundy we need him at his best like he was today.

Redman is a class act. Kicking is elite and makes some great decisions with the ball, everything you want from a half-back. Really impressed with his return and this boy has a great future.

Of the others the backline was rock solid all day, although they didn’t need to be anything more. Hooker, Ambrose and Hurley beat their opponents easily. Saad gave run when needed, McKenna was better. Every man won their battles.

From the midfield mix Myers was solid and that’s a good base from him, McGrath was class and Parish needs to find more of it but he always cracks in and does some great things. Guefli had a hard edge and I like him more in the midfield.

Good to see Daniher ping one from 60m, hopefully builds upon it., his overall game was off but he’ll get there Fantasia was at his best, basically we have so many options that if you kill one another two pop up. Special mention to Brown who is proving me wrong, he’s much more than just depth.

I can’t name everyone but that was an impressive team performance, whoever is dropped for Devon Smith and Zaka will be fcking unlucky. Maybe Ham? But bar a few fumbles he did well and cracks in. Good boy.

29 Likes

The better we play the more frustrated I become with the St Kilda loss. Will take me a couple they wouldn’t have pencilled in i think. starting next week!

2 Likes

North turned up to Good Friday game like we turn up to Anzac day.

Zacka and Smith gets in next week, and hope Tippa and all the boys are good.

2 Likes

Nice win…looked like preservation mode for most of the game which is a bonus woth the ease of a win.

Parish was utter garbage. He is far too hot n cold. His disposal was terrble today. Smith comes in for him. Zaka probably for Ham but gee i loved the way the kid had a crack. Would prefer Myera dropped before him. Hard to make changes this week. Good conundrum.

Redman, Ridley, Ham, McGrath. Play the farken kids Worsfold you douche. Look at the return. Youthful enthusiasm is infectious.

Bruise free win. BRING ON THE TOOTHLESS CARNTS

I’m the same

We drop the Pies game will sit 4-2 but instead will 3-3

The most north melbourne player to ever north melbourne is neither Polec nor Pittard. It’s clearly this guy
north

2 Likes

Awesome. He laid five. Ham stays.

Yes his elite running ability sees his best position being on a wing. But he’s versatile AF, and could easily perform the small pressure forward role. Would keep him in over Bags.

2 Likes

Shaun Atley is the epitome of North - an absolute nobody who’s on track to play about 350 career games.

??? Rubbish.
Sheil found the range on his kicks today, still to find the goals, but that too will come.

Francis and Gleeson have a lot of work to do to get back into the senior side, based on what Redman and Ridley have shown. The competition for spots is hotting up and tat can only be a good thing.

The midfield put on a masterclass today, and Norf had no answers for them. Higgins barely sighted. TBC shaded Goldstein, there was depth and class displayed all over the field and all of it was in the red and black.

Special mention to Paddy Ambrose who schooled Sideshow Bob Brown. People mention our bad kicking for goal early on, but Norf were worse, much worse, all day long. They got their first goal from a set shot late in the game, and only got 2 goals for the day, fro this source of scoring. JD? Welcome back with a huge roost, and it was great to see them get around him. Little Hams had a memorable debut, and his effort to mark and goal was well deserved, against a much bigger, more experienced opponent.

The various parts are now starting to fall into place, with more improvement to come. SEA level rising.

5 Likes

Someone mentioned David King described our pre game changes as disrespectful and tipped North - if there is vision/audio of this I’d like it hooked to my veins please.

13 Likes

An interesting group of players.

This is the 3rd week in a row the commentators have said our opponents played poorly. That we were not that good. That our opponents did not turn up to play.
Could it be that while our skills are not perfect, there are some aspects of our game that actually make opponents play much worse than us?

In analysis recognise there are 2 teams out there competing. They are not playing in isolation.

1 Like

Commentators had picked Dees, Bris and Norf to win, and they get nasty when they are let down.

4 Likes