Richmond def Essington Turnoverfest at the G: Review Thread

to this degree yes, he’s had brain farts in the past, but everyone has.

i have more faith in mckenna hitting a target than i do zaka this year, and i don’t reckon even mckenna knows what or he’s gonna kick it til he actually does.

again the wins and team playing well have and him actually getting alot of it blinded some to how poor those 2 areas have been even the last 2 weeks.
there’s definately something wrong with him, don’t know what it is, but he’s not even a shadow of the player he was.

Only thing kept us in game was their poor conversion

Harsh on Zaka. At least three times he was running with the ball towards the forward line and beckoning the forwards to run towards him, not once did they.

Turnovers hurt us, but Richmond played well and their pressure caused many of them.

15 Likes

We didn’t kick a goal in the last quarter 3 behinds only and didn’t score for the last 15 minutes. We did a Richmond and choked it in the last… we still look unfit. No run i the last half and just butchered the ball going forward. Coyler is back to his bad all days very disappointing and he doesn’t seem that fast.

The run continues -lose vfl lose AFL

Their man on man defence was clearly too complex a match strategy for us to beat.

What did we talk about at halftime?

1 Like

I think we lost our structure too often tonight, which meant we didn’t have a target going forward sometimes and the smalls to apply the pressure when it got there.

2 Likes

You obviously forgot the stkilda game in 2015 & crows this year?

Turnovers. Not enough inside 50s.

That’s why we lost. Simple

This every year for the last 10

Why is every fkn game against Richmond every year such sh it quality??

We lost to a sh-t team. Fk em.

4 Likes

We lost to a team of ■■■■■■■ plodders. There are about 10 blokes who played tonight for them who wouldn’t get into OUR best 22 that’s how ■■■■■■■ ■■■■ they are and they still outplayed us, outran us, just ■■■■■■■ killed us.

Our disposal was ■■■■ but what was worse was our decision making, it was a ■■■■■■■ joke.

And this midfield needs a real kick up the ■■■■ because after the center clearances they were ■■■■■■■ ■■■■.

5 Likes

Kicking accuracy aside, similar stories. We were decent for about two of the eight quarters, and Richmond still just fell over the lines.

They’ve been ■■■■ in the past. Not this year. Credit where it’s due.

■■■■ club - well, that’s another story.

2 Likes

I find myself in rage fits when I hear switch hooker and Hurley.

Hooker is struggling Forward but Hurley is now Elite down back. If Hooker needs to perfect the art of playing forward in the VFL so be it. But under no circumstances do we swap them.

5 Likes

Hooker
Fantasia
Tippa
Green
Stewart

All practically useless tonight
Hooker beyond terrible. Dropped 3 marks that he usually would have taken, two in our forward 50 and one which led to the sealer.

Very hard to win if 5 of your 6 forwards do sweet FA

Lucky Richmond were inaccurate in front of goal, but I guess they were lucky we were inaccurate around the ground
Our delivery inside 50 was terrible.

Is what it is, never gonna win the flag this year, but just disappointing to play this way in such a big game.

1 Like

You can’t win games of football when the other team has 30 more inside 50’s. Our whole team had over 40 more possessions and we still couldn’t get the ball in. Conceding over 70 inside 50’s is a joke, our midfield is garbage and has been for the majority of the year. Yes we beat Geelong who tried to out play us at our own game (the uncontested soft stuff) and a WCE side that literally can’t travel but even in the WCE game we only won the inside 50 count by 1.

Our backline is fine and with Ambrose back is solid, our forwardline is dangerous. But fck me draft some mids. Mids, mids, mids. Or recruit them. We need an inside contested beast and another clean user in the middle as a minimum.

2 Likes

Woosha when he puts Orazio and (kinda) Tippa up the ground about 1 hour too late in the game

2 Likes

And even admitted in an article this week he struggles a bit with the forward role

Ok, so what’s the positive out of that? We got beat by 15 points even though the forward 50 count is so out of whack - and it’s been the same all year.

Yes, it’s a problem. We need to get more inside 50’s ourselves, and restrict the opposition to many fewer. That’s a no-brainer, but just imagine we manage that with the same efficiency we’re managing right now. What do you reckon?

We’ll go very close.

That’s a glass half view - we need, after all, to do that - and what’s the evidence?

There is no evidence, except I’m willing to bet the coaching staff will correct that by end of year. This is one game. Be there for the game that counts.

2 Likes

I feel like Claude on Arsenal fan TV

7 Likes