Rioli - Tiwi zone

Cat… meet pigeons.

2 Likes

A first rounder still in place in a very strong draft, Fletcher as a father son & Rioli via daylight robbery.

2018 draft already seems like it’s going to be super!

If the club has a good year, you never know.

1 Like

Northern club academies aren’t optional, and I don’t think the AFL have said one way or another for the NGAs yet. I believe the AFL’s policy is that F/S takes precedence if the player nominates F/S.

I thought the Academies were only for rookie picks. If the kid is good enough to go in the national draft the academies don’t play a part.

1 Like

Wow, really? So if the player he has to go to that club unless the club decides not to pick him?

So that’s all it’s coming down to then. The players choice.

If he says I don’t want to be a F/S selection for Richmond and prefer to be picked up a NGA player for Essendon then that’s how it happens.

As someone mentioned Mark Murphy could have gone to Brisbane as a F/S but elected to just go into draft.

If by chance Rioli been running around his childhood life in EFC jumper then that’s where his heart is regardless of where Dad played

I WANT ALL OF THE RIOLI’S, LONG’S AND TIPPAS.

2 Likes

Yup. The choice they have is basically to not join the academy in the first place. Probably goes to show how much attachment the academy players have to the club (most notably GWS) that the rule exists in the first place.

1 Like

I really don’t think we will be getting him, sorry to be putting a lid on.

1 Like

cat… get away from those pigeons!

1 Like

Stop the presses! Benfti is pessimistic about us getting an indigenous player.

5 Likes

My nephew plays for Therry Penola in the VAFA, Rioli is their new coach. Will get my nephew to whisper in his ear to get the ball rolling re the idea of him coming to us. :grin:

(remember my nephew was bursting to tell me who his coach was going to be this year. he knew I would be as pleased as he was/is):slight_smile:

3 Likes

The ball has been rolling for some time…

9 Likes

Great news. :slight_smile:

Hopefully things fall into place but rest assured our list management team headed by Adrian is very proactive.

9 Likes

I have every confidence we’re trying our best. I have very little confidence we’ll succeed.

Fingers crossed regardless.

5 Likes

Just remember…

IMG_5268

6 Likes

On my mail, I would be shocked if he doesn’t go to the Tigers

Roll that ball Adrian.