Rioli - Tiwi zone

Don’t get too hopeful, not all the Riolis are going to be AFL grade. I love watching Shannon Rioli in the NEAFL who looks and moves like Dean and kicks just like him. Some people like to play footy for fun and don’t want to uproot their lives for the sake of dollars.

Its early but MRJ is 100% good enough. Hearts set on the tigers though

Out of curiosity is there another rioli, aside from MJR, coming up for draft eligibility?

As you may recall there were actually a number of us on here who posted last year about hearing some positive news last year, some even said news that would annoy Richmond.

Based on what was floating around last year, we are in it up to our eyeballs.

Also does anyone know when confirmation of academy players is released? Does it happen before the season?

In terms of MJR he is not draft eligible until 2020 from what I understand.

I’m pretty sure it was poaching their head of football that annoyed the Tigers. Happy to be wrong if it’s a player though.

1 Like

It wasn’t that.

1 Like

Interesting…

very…

I’m sure the Swans were quite bullish about their chances of getting JD a year out. No doubt at all the Swans gave it everything. Was never going to happen though.

Maybe someone should mention his father didn’t win a premiership with Richmond when he joined them shortly after they won a flag but he would have been a dual premiership player if he had joined Essendon instead.

2 Likes

People don’t understand how important Adrian and James were in Joe’s decision. Sydney was very much a realistic chance.

1 Like

If Joe had gone to Sydney, presumably they wouldn’t have bothered getting Buddy.
So where would Buddy have ended up?

I reckon Darcy had a part to play also.

GWS

Ah, Rioli is only 15 and is eligible in 2020…

1 Like

Those were the interim rules. Once up and running they follow the same pick-matching rules as the northern clubs’ academies.

Enter Paul little and David Evans etc & etc. we are absolutely loaded.

Sheesh that’s the long game for sure

I’m guessing 3-4yrs of being part of our indigenous academy is what we hoping will align him to EFC

So hopefully joining our plight for that 20th premiership sounds appealing

lol. rules :joy:

Club seems afraid to get another Rioli.