RIP John Bradbury The Specials

John Bradbury, drummer for influential UK ska band the Specials and pioneer of the two tone movement, has passed away at 62.

“This town” (tow-owwwwwwwwwn) is comin’ like a ghost town…"

Finally got to see them last time they were out here, great show, took me back to my misspent youth.

That rounds out the 3

All these big time 70s and 80s musos must hate the thought of NYE parties…or maybe it’s the fireworks.

Might be worth starting a dedicated deceased musician thread given the volume recently.

Very sad. Top drummer in a top band. I also saw them a couple of years ago and they were brilliant. Sadly, their songs are just as relevant today as they were back in the day.

My younger brother was a huge fan of the The Specials and the whole 2 tone and ska scene. He played guitar and bass in a number of ska bands back in the 80’s, they all dressed the part and were right lads. Named his black and white cat Rudy after that great song " A Message To You Rudy".

My younger brother was a huge fan of the The Specials and the whole 2 tone and ska scene. He played guitar and bass in a number of ska bands back in the 80's, they all dressed the part and were right lads. Named his black and white cat Rudy after that great song " A Message To You Rudy".

When I was in grade 5 and 6, my school at the time had a fantastic music program. I remember playing “A Message to You Rudy” in our little jazz band. Was always a lot of fun.

What did you play?

Clarinette.