RIP Jon English

Liked him.
Under-rated.
Not a fan of his sitcom, but really liked his singing.

Really like this…

RIP Jon English.

Heard Hollywood 7 not long ago, forgotten what a good song it is. Like Six Ribbons as well.

Went to show around 4 years ago now, The Rock Show, it travelled the country, were doing one or 2 shows in each city. All the musicians and singers were trained in classical music and all young from 19 onwards. Think the musical director was around 19 also.

It was fantastic. Rock music through the era’s starting in the 60’s til current day. Did I say it was fantastic. Jon had the same amount of energy as the younger performers and really won the audience over big time.,

Thanks for the entertainment Jon.

Another to add to Heaven’s Choir.

Couldn’t pick a song to save himself, but had an exceptional voice, and could work a crowd like few others.
R.I.P.,

So who is going to play Carlisle in Hird! The Musical now?

Yep, Hollywood 7 was what’ll I’ll remember him by also, BSD.

Hot Town and Some People Have All The Fun for me.

Never watched the sitcom, this is how I was introduced to him, and how I remember him, and I found the Hollywood seven song particularly haunting as a kid. It still has the same impact today.

RIP Jon, you made a great Judas, … hope they don’'t hold that against you … :wink:

I remember seeing him in Jesus Christ Superstar in the early 70’s at the Palais.

So he goes back a while

Really liked some of his work. See ya, mate.
Enough already, btw…

Trying to keep it all together now.

Shout it out loud, one of the crowd.

Trying to keep it all together now.

Noonan's reign of terror continues.

Was his sitcom the one with Steven something (Jacobs?) and Jane Hall and Rebecca Gibney?

If so, didn’t deserve to die.

Sorry…stuffed up there. Was thinking of Hey Dad!

Anyway… Jon English.

He seemed to be everywhere on tv when I was growing up.

Always seemed like a decent guy too, never arrogant.

Sad to hear of his passing…RIP.

Noonan’s reign of terror continues.

Hollywood seven, six ribbons and Carmilla are always embedded in my memory regarding Jon’s pop career. His performances on stage and in TV most notably in “All together now” made him a mainstay in popular culture through the changing of decades. RIP you good man. Nobody has a bad word for the legacy of the great Jon English.

I was getting into a lift in a hotel in Toowoomba once many years ago and there he was on his own, Kinda just ■■■■ myself a bit, a very imposing figure, and I just said “hello John”, and though his big toothy grin and uniquely gravely voice he just said “G’Day Mate”

Noonan's reign of terror continues.

Was his sitcom the one with Steven something (Jacobs?) and Jane Hall and Rebecca Gibney?

If so, didn’t deserve to die.

Sorry…stuffed up there. Was thinking of Hey Dad!

Nope, right the first time, it was them.