RIP Lil Stevie

Blood and Thunder part 2 is going to be on 9pm tonight on ABC.

I didn’t realise that the Albert’s sound has been defined as ‘bogan motown’.

Blood and Thunder part 2 is going to be on 9pm tonight on ABC.

I didn’t realise that the Albert’s sound has been defined as ‘bogan motown’.

Fricken’ good sound. "Let there be rock’, is a phenomenal raw sounding album. Not hugely into AC/DC, but every time I listen to that album it blows me away.

Yeah, … that one & Dirty Deeds had something special.

I think it was the clash 'tween Alberts & Atlantic on the sound … brought about a production style & quality well worth the struggle

What struck me with that show was just how big a contribution that little generation of (mostly) immigrants, who all came over about 1960, had on our cultural identity to this day. Everyone from the Easybeats & then Vanda & Young, down through the younger Youngs in AC/DC, Cold Chisel, yada yada. Pretty much all knew each other, either mates or punched on with each other (or related to each other) in Adelaide & Sydney way back when.

There was an ABC doco on that a few years back. Plenty of them met at Villawood. Don’t forget the Bee Gees. They were in the same boat…figuratively not literally.

Was re-run on ABC yesterday. IIRC it was called Blood + Thunder

Was channel surfing on a cricket add, and although had seen it before couldn’t stop watching it again. A really good insight into Australian Rock music through the record label Alberts.
Especially with Young and Vander basically making Stevie’s career, then forging AC/DC’s and JPY. Also writing most pop/rock/ballads for so many artists.
Without George Young and Harry Vander almost all of this would not of happened.

Spot on, Vanda and Young wrote Friday on my mind, and Evie, love is in the air and so many more. Stevie didnt do much without those guys.