RIP nickyd

We had more than the odd run-in through the old politics thread, but what was always clear was that this was a bloke who cared about other people. I envy anyone who had the privilege of Nick in their corner, no matter the reason.

It obviously says a lot about the quality of the man to see how many people were in his corner when he needed it.

Go in peace, mate.

Massive thanks to Katie Lio and Darcy Parish for the two signed guernseys for Nickā€™s kids.
You are both quality people.

Such a sad story, as a father of three little kids myself this whole thing breaks my heart, thoughts with his family and friends.

RIP mate.

RIP Nick. Gone too soon. Condolences to his family and those he knew as friends.

Vale Nick. :ā€™(
'Boot, pass on everyoneā€™s regards to the family and others on Wednesday from all of us who canā€™t get down there for it.

I know one thingā€¦come this Sundayā€¦that first goal we kick, there will be a look up to the heavens from me for nick thinking ā€œthis oneā€™s for him!ā€

Are they still taking donations? I notice the link is down.

Are they still taking donations? I notice the link is down.

Check you pmā€™s missy.

Iā€™ve been MIA the past few days. Just saw this. I donā€™t think there are any words you can say to articulate how truly awful this must be for Nickā€™s family and friends.

Having said that Iā€™m really proud of how the Blitz community has responded to this. Sometimes you wonder if all the time you waste on a site like this is really worthwhile. Its times like this that I think that perhaps it is. Communities, even if they are online communities, are important, and this is a damn good one.

In my thirties myself. I have a 4 year old daughter and a 2 year old son. Been having a bit of a rough time of it lately, nothing serious, just the usual parenting woes. Like many before me have said, when I first read about Nickā€™s plight the other week it helped to bring things back into perspective. My perspective on the little things changed immediately and the problems that caused continual squabbling have died down immensely. I like to think it a small positive to come out of the situation, at least at a personal level.

Nickyd, you have become a frequent reminder that every day counts and that I shouldnā€™t sweat the small stuff. Thanks mate!

Reboot, SMJ, Gillsy et al have prompted me to post.

I canā€™t let this go. I am hurting as I am sure you are too. I am only posting because I canā€™t stop thinking about it.

I didnā€™t know Nick or his family from a bar of soap, but that doesnā€™t matter. His family is part of my family. Our family. The Essendon family. The hurt for those who knew Nick well, must be unbearable. I wish you peace.

I donated to help Nick out like all you good Blitzers, but that now seems so frivolous. Trivial at best.

Life is precious. Give those you love a big hug.

My sincerest thoughts are with those closest to Nick, tomorrow, and always.

Best wishes today to 'Boot and all, and particularly to Nickydā€™s family.

Ugh I just saw all of this, somehow Iā€™d missed the original post. Iā€™ve spent the last 15mins reading through and Iā€™m heartbroken.

Heā€™s was not much older than I am and I can tell you I wouldnā€™t have handled it as courageously as Boot said he did.

All the best to his friends and family, but especially his wife and kids.

RIP

I havenā€™t said anything in here because I just donā€™t know what to say. My condolences to the family and everyone involved. Like Gillsy, Iā€™ve been keeping nickyd in mind when I feel things are getting on top of me. Rest in Peace.

A quick snapshot of a life well lived.
I miss you already my friend.

:ā€™(

Are we having a whip round for his family?

Flat as.

RIP

:'(