RIP Stargazer

Will miss your insightful comments.  If a life is measured in premierships- you saw six.

Very saddened to hear this news :(

Her brother was kind enough to send me a thoughtful PM a week or so ago informing me of this sad event. l didn't think l should be the one to inform BBlitz of her passing, as l feel that others who knew her better than l deserved to do that. l only ever met Mary once along with a few other Blitzers, back in 1996 on one of my rare trips home. She was friendly, forthright and as others have said her knowledge of Essendon was second to none. Over recent seasons her contributions to BBlitz had fallen off, but l believe this was due to work more than anything else, although her health may have also been a factor. 

She wasn't just Starry or Stargazer, but Stargazer#5, and l am convinced that she would be as staunch in her support of Hird and the club as she was passionate about all other aspects of her footy. l found myself nodding in agreement with her quite often on a wide range of issues, and was always struck by her wisdom and thoughtfulness, as well as her cheeky, irreverent attitude at times, which l found refreshing. She was a great lady. 

Farewell Mary, you will be missed. Commiserations Mike and family. 

R.I.P.Mary  :( Although I didn't always agree with your opinion, I always loved your passion for Essendon. Condolences Mike.

pjit.jpg

Very, very sad news - RIP Starry

Condolences to Perce et al

Rip mate

rest in peace mary

never good news to hear, thoughts and prayers are with those closest to her

Sad news, condolences to all.

Been on this forum for a long time and her deep passion for the club is something that's stood out to me over the journey. Bit of a shock to hear that someone whose posts you've read for years isn't among us anymore.

RIP Starry. 

This is really sad news. May she rest in peace. She was such a beautiful soul and received so much passion and joy from the boys in red and black.

Peace x

Awful news. I never met her but I felt like I knew her, perhaps because being of a similar vintage we experienced the same Bomber eras and had the same heros when kids.

Saddened to read this news. I always enjoyed her passion on this site. She will be missed. 

rip STARGAZER, a sad loss to the efc & bb community for sure   

Although I'm not sure whether or not I had ever met her personally, I can add to the countless posts here that she will be very much missed by the bomberblitz community.

:(

Unfortunate news. I remember back in the mid 2000's when I was still a lurker I always thought she was worth reading as she came across as a real character, and even when I thought she was completely wrong in a debate I could still tell how passionate she was about the club.

RIP Stary, you will be missed.

Loved her posts and passion. Will be sadly missed.

Very sad news. With all the hysteria over what’s been happening at the club, this comes as a sobering reminder that we are on this earth for a short time. We leave our mark and we move on to we know not where. She will be missed. Condolences to her family.

Very sad to learn of the passing of a fellow Bomber and blitzer. RIP