RIP Subiaco Oval

I’m still going to call it the Subiaco Battle Cry

Well there you go.

It was the third goal in the last they didn’t show.

Saw us get flogged there on quite a few occasions. BUT was there for the famous off the deck ‘mid-saga’ win when one of our champions was booed by the cretins in yellow and blue, though apparently it wasn’t that loud😉

1 Like

Was surprised just how far away from the CBD it was. It was like they expected a Melbourne type boom and suburb sprawl that never came.

Its surrounded by suburbs so it’s not out in the middle of nowhere and there is a rail line only a few minutes away that would of only required a spur line of maybe 1km max.
At the time West Lakes was swamp and reclaimed land so the SANFL got it at a decent price and was the closest available land to the CBD

The best time I was ever at Subi…

5 Likes

That goal by Carlisle is one of the very best.

2 Likes

The eagles and freo games in 13 were unreal. The Fremantle game was the best game I’ve ever been to

2 Likes

Decent photo DJR.

Megz and I got tickets in the cheer squad. Jimmy came down to say goodbye at the end of the game. I had to hold the camera over my head so I couldn’t see a thing.

First shot got a picture of a cameraman on the field.

Second shot was a blurry shot of the point post.

Third was this:

New photo by burgg81
8 Likes

On the bright side then stadium looks ■■■■■■ unreal…can’t wait to see us kill the Eagles and Dockers in it!

1 Like
9 Likes

Have they started burning it to the ground yet?

Can I throw the flare/torch/match?

Good fking riddance Subi, you skinny, stretched out, shitheap of a footy ground.

May we never see the like of you again.

1 Like

Always chuckled at the orientation of the ground, running east/west rather than north/south. It was developed at a time when football was a day sport, starting at around 2pm and finishing at around 5pm. Played at the same time of the year, every year yet they would have known that the side kicking toward the western end, particularly toward the end of the game would have been significantly disadvantaged. They must have been geographically compelled to run the ground that way because it doesn’t make sense if they had a choice.

Subiaco Oval will officially die after the WAFL GF on Sunday. Wish the GF was played today.

1 Like

I say we transplant the Richmond supporters there after their disastrous choke. They’ll tear it down really quick.

Will it count as a choke if GWS simply turn up and play to their potential for the first time this year?

DIE

1 Like

Isn’t there an International Rules game to be played there later in the year?

Yep