Rnd 1 2023. Who do we play?

Given we will have an easier draw next year, I’m thinking we’ll get North.
Two previous coaches at new clubs, one against his old club and both clubs have had a fair bit of off season drama.
Also both clubs with high draft picks.
Who will get bragging rights early?
Thoughts?

Hawthorn have requested us for Round 1 haven’t they? Something to do with celebrating their 40 year '83 premiership re-union.

Reckon we might be back on Good Friday against Norf.

1 Like

Brisbane in Brisbane probably.

3 Likes

Wasn’t the fixture released by end of October in years gone by

North Melbourne

Yep. Now it’ll be December apparently

1 Like

If magic round is round 5 and that starts April 13, seems like the whole season might be starting earlier than usual next year.

Delayed by negotiations of “magic round”. And yes, 1 week earlier seems likely, to fit in the extra round.

1 Like

Geelong again… because blockbuster Country Game.

Freo in Perth, Brisbane at Gabba or Sydney in Sydney or Gold Coast at Metricon

2 Likes

Yep AFL will ■■■■ us again.

They will probably give some one like the Pies an easy fixture eg; North,GC,West Coast at the MCG in the first 3 rounds.

1 Like

Sydney at the SCG.

Let’s start this season off right!

3 Likes

You mean like the soft draw we had in 2021 and still went 1-4 to start the season.
If you’re good enough you will win

2 Likes

Yeah but Cats,Melboune,Brisbane in the first 3 rounds was bloody tough baiscly the top 4 in consecutive weeks.

Don’t think iv’e ever seen a team cop an oppening 3 weeks like we did. like to see how a team like Carlton would have gone with that oppening fixture.

Absolutely it was brutal but it seems not to matter who we draw early as we seem to rock up for round 1 like it’s a NAB Cup round. We appear to be miles behind other teams in preparation for a new season

5 Likes

This i agree with.

I had concerns during the practice matches against Saints and Dogs on how off we looked but people on here were saying “nah it’s just pre season rust we will be fine” etc lols.

Hopefully that changes under Brad I want us to be ruthless this pre season. no more expermineting with players,game plans etc we feild our best team avaible and aim to win I want us to hit rd 1 full of steam with our tails up

1 Like
Who will we play Round 1 2023
  • Adelaide
  • Brisbane
  • Carlton
  • Collingwood
  • Fremantle
  • Geelong
  • Goldcoast
  • Greater Western Sydney
  • Hawthorn
  • North Melbourne
  • Melbourne
  • Port Adealide
  • Richmond
  • StKilda
  • Sydney Swans
  • Western Bulldogs
  • West Coast

0 voters

I’m sure I saw somewhere we are playing the eagles at marvel on Sat 18 march at 4.35pm

as an aside - North vs Hawthorn for round 1.

1 Like

i don’t know who we will play, but i predict it will be on a large boat or some sort of floating platform in the ocean

1 Like