Rnd 4 Non-Essington Games

Another round with low scoring matches. So far there have been 81 less goals scored this season compared to round 4 last year.

Putting Fark FC lols to one side, S Dew has GC tracking very well. Surprisingly well.

Goal lover. GET HIM!

Also, GCS has benefitted from better training facilities subsidised by the Commonwealth Government, connected to upgrades for the Commonwealth Games.

I dunno, they have a 30 second bounce timer after goals now which conveniently allows the networks two ads instead of one and Fox has scraped their no ads siren to siren deal. Iā€™d say they got exactly what they wanted. Of course seven will still ā– ā– ā– ā–  and moan that they want more goals.

Fox donā€™t have any ads during the quarter, do they? Canā€™t say Iā€™ve noticed that, and iā€™m sure I would.

You canā€™t complain about ads during the breaks, and I donā€™t think theyā€™ve ever promised that.

I suppose itā€™s decent compensation for the disruption to their 2018 season.

No but it has gone from one ad to two.

Really on my brother who said Fox now showing as during quarters

And yet one club has topped the highest scoring team list for two weeks straight with a host of injuries up forwardā€¦

37.21 in the last two weeks.

4 Likes

Just caught Himmelbergs(gws) mark.

Great grab.

Donā€™t think they do. Your brother may well be talking through his bottom (or I am, but I donā€™t think so). I watch it through an IQ so maybe itā€™s different through other media.

Foxtel still donā€™t have any adā€™s xiren to siren, and also, itā€™s always been 30 seconds after a Goal for ad/ads on Seven. If thereā€™s 2, then itā€™s 2 that adds up to 30 seconds.

Itā€™s been one ad for a long time I reckon.

Happy to stand corrected on Fox tel

Yeah it has AFAIK, but always 30 seconds.

Just that I donā€™t watch them, ever, ā€¦ so thought maybe if he was seeing 2, maybe they were 2 shorter ones sometimes?

BSD is right. Time has always been 30 seconds. But now playing 2 15 sec ads instead of one 30 second one. And foxtel no ads during the quarter.

Itā€™s been 45 seconds for some years now. How do you think theyā€™re fitting in the replays after the ad break?

Well now with the 666 rule the post-goal ad break has become an integral part of the rules.

This still stands. We should never have lost to the saints and like every year it will probably cost us at the business end. Just like Carlton last year.

However, unlike Carlton last year, we got our reality check in round 2. Not round 8.