Road to Robinvale

Flying to Victoria on Tuesday. Anybody know what the road from Mildura to Robinvale is like? I need to drive from Mildura on Wednesday morning and wondered if I could rely on Google maps’ one hour and twenty minutes. I have a symposium to attend in Robinvale.

Thanks.

I’ve done it going the other direction. Don’t recall anything too bad about it. No idea how long it took either. It was fairly leisurely.

Looks like an easy drive. Let us know if the mallee roots are as thick as they say they are

Leisurely sounds good. The trick will be not doing 110kph which is the go here in the west. Hopefully the hire car will have cruise control. Too bad the ressies play on Sunday. Don’t think I could handle staying with rellies for three nights in Melbourne .

Its pretty much all straight road. Pretty easy trip not much longer than an hour.

From Mildura, go over the bridge to Buronga, turn right to Euston, follow the signs to Robinvale, then over the bridge (Robinvale). Watch out for roos. Should take under an hour.

Ah. Thanks for that everyone. This thread can now pass away. The roos is something I forgot to ask about. Cheers.

Should be a bit under an hour. You may even have a bit of 110 kph just out of Monak to Euston. Have not done the trip for a few years but have done it plenty of times before.

I had a successful and interesting trip to sunny Robinvale. Very impressive pistachio growers symposium-I have learned a lot. Stayed in Mildura and I was very impressed with the general behavior of the motoring public. Very calm, absolutely the opposite to WA drivers. There were plenty of kangaroos on the road from Mildura to Robinvale but they were all dead. Honestly, there was only one ratbag driver that was tailgating and passing everyone in the 110 stretch. The only negatives was the somewhat poor condition of the road surface-probably because of the amount of trucks. The other negative was the half-wit manning the car rental at Mildura airport. Gave me wrong directions and a Fiat Punto, a terrible car. I won’t say what brand but “You Can Laugh When It’s Them”. Thanks again for all your info.

Thanks for the update. I love this

I love and miss Mildura a bit. I never get back there enough and I am glad you seemed to have a great time BB. I used to go to school at Gol Gol PS did they still have the big log boat there?

I love and miss Mildura a bit. I never get back there enough and I am glad you seemed to have a great time BB. I used to go to school at Gol Gol PS did they still have the big log boat there?
I'm sorry to say I had no time for touring the sights. Got there Tuesday night and busy all day Wednesday until 5PM and then flew out by 10.30AM Thursday. The flight out of Mildura was a bit weird. The last person to get on seemed to be getting special treatment from the ground crew and then the waitress. As soon as both props where whizzing around nicely, he started freaking out and insisted he had to get off so everything was shut down We arrived just late enough in Melbourne that I missed my flight to Perth and had to wait at the airport for five hours, so I grabbed a local bus and had a quick look at the TVC. and bought Dustin's book at the Bomber shop so some good came of it.
I'm sorry to say I had no time for touring the sights. Got there Tuesday night and busy all day Wednesday until 5PM and then flew out by 10.30AM Thursday.

You only need about 3 minutes…