Rob Kerr

Bare in mind the football operations manager is basically Wooshas boss so I can’t imagine some just out of game player will be taking the role

Will need to be an experienced administrator with past footballing credentials

We will poach someone off another club for sure

1 Like

The job is to run the footy department which Lucas has zero experience doing. I love Scotty and he seems like a really good player agent in that he genuinely cares about his players. But cmon.

Yeah the club will have a list of candidates you think

Dual Crichton winner. Very impressive as a game analyst on sen broadcasts, good communicator. But I suppose it depends on what phoenix is doing, because theres a definite conflict of interest involved if he gets any more involved at the club.

2 Likes

So that’s how I go about getting into a prestigious international university, I have to work at Essendon for a period of time (Hird, now Kerr).

Does Woosha need a coffee boy? Does Mark Neeld need someone to assure him he wasn’t that bad a coach (granted, tough gig to do with a straight face)? I’ll do anything to get into Harvard!

Dan Richardson went from player manager into a senior football role at Richmond.

I reckon Scotty would be a good fit.

3 Likes

Hmmm, … Yess!

Chris Heffernan is another one, but would need to step down from the Board. Is highly regarded. From the Club:

“Heffernan’s football knowledge and business acumen make him an outstanding addition to the club’s Board,” Evans said.

“He is well respected as a former player and highly rated as an emerging business leader. A great combination for the club’s Board.”

Heffernan played 170 AFL games for the Bombers and is a member of the 2000 premiership team.

Since his retirement in 2007, he worked at Deutsche Bank in New York for three years in the asset and funds management business reporting to the Global COO.

He returned to Melbourne in 2010 and joined Ernst and Young as a member of the mergers and acquisitions team that assists large private and ASX listed companies achieve their strategic objectives’.

1 Like

Had the same thought as well.

Don’t think so.

Nor do I think Tanya would allow it.

Why?

There were a few games that I watched on TV this year… and I really noticed that after wins especially, when we see the boys walking back into the rooms to sing the song, they all give high 5’s and hugs to all and sundry (Woosha, Paul Little, Tanner, etc etc etc) But they always seemed to walk past Kerr.

I found it strange.

Now seeing this post makes me think not so strange…

1 Like

Tom Harley for the Swans is a footy manager If he can then i can easily see some one like Lucas being capable.

1 Like

I would go for Jim Bartel.

Apparently very very good football mind and is destined for top AFL jobs.

1 Like

Bring in

Great eye for talent and currently at GWS… Poach her!

7 Likes

If we wanted experience Steve Hocking and Chris Bond are two seemingly respected names in the role.
May have someone lined up though. Hoping so anyway.

Also - Simon Lloyd.

What’s he doing these days?

Cats GM I think

Get Neil Balme he knows how to run a footy club. Best in the business.

2 Likes

Freo I thought

1 Like