Robert Shaw 2018 Preview

It’s not going to happen. We’ll never play all 4 in the fwd line together for that reason.

Stringer starts in midfield and moves fwd when one of the 3 tall fwds is benched or in ruck

Shaw has had it confirmed by the club that his weekly analyses won’t be on EFC site. You can pick them up from his wordpress blog.

1 Like

That’s a real shame.

Club must want ‘yes men’ writing the articles.

1 Like

That’s a shame.

I hope that means he won’t hold back in his thoughts now. That would be more interesting to read than the jejune material fed from EFC.

2 Likes

Not sure Rohan is a yes man

I think he will be far more diplomatic than Shawry has been.

I personally don’t think that’s a good thing.

Rohan’s passion for Essendon often means he tends to be more critical than most.

We shall see.

I have read plenty of Rohan and I like what he does but he is a different style of writer.

I’m not expecting his insights into the game to be anywhere near what Shawry does. Shawry writes about the tactical side of the game where as Rohan is a journalist and will write what he thinks is entertaining.

2 Likes

Connolly has been contracted by EFC to do interviews and game previews ( which could be why the club could not also run Shaw’s analyses) . He has a host of other sports jobs, but might be a bit constrained to dump on Essendon in other forums

Keep our AA FB at FF “for structure and team balance” when we are the 2nd worst defensive side.

Up forward? Add Stringer. Add Langford.

HOOKER BACK.

One of the things that bothers me. There’s no need to over-compensate - he often sounds like he’s just trying not to lose listeners.

Rohan and Robert are not comparable and it sure as hell needn’t be “one or the other”. Rohan is a journo, writing as a journo. Shawry can provide tales and the mentality/processes from one of the great periods of the club, and knows what makes the club tick when it’s going well.

I find this article very interesting with its slant on the coaching responsibility.

5 Likes