Robert Shaw #BackIn

I heard today that Robert Shaw has not been re-engaged to write his articles for the club this year.

I don’t know if this is correct. Can anyone confirm or refute this? (If Shawy is reading this he may like to message me [email protected])

Personally I loved his insights, match previews and slices of history and would urge the club to use him again in 2017.

What do others think?

Shawry was awesome last year. I hope you are wrong!

Only articles I bother reading. His knowledge of the club and game is one of the best imo.

Should’ve drafted Clug.

So, whats the proposed alternative? Someone like Neil Craig?
Get outa here !

That is extremely disappointing if true. I loved the way he both nurtured and challenged the young players in his articles last year. They were a weekly highlight!

So, whats the proposed alternative? Someone like Neil Craig? Get outa here !

Why would the fark carlton director of coaching write for us?

Agree with others - always enjoyed Shaw’s articles.

He was at the intra club today standing by himself behind me on the far side with a set of binoculars. Hopefully he still does it maybe he wanted to check out mcgragh today.

Definitely the best articles on the club website. Shame if they’re no more.

I wonder if they get him to write “special reports” for them. Probably not.

Hope he stays and keeps writing…perhaps he was too honest.

He was at the intra club today standing by himself behind me on the far side with a set of binoculars. Hopefully he still does it maybe he wanted to check out mcgragh today.
Yep, he was behind me and my son today watching McGrath.

Turns out that poll I did was rather acurate.

That would be an absolute shame if true. His articles were a treat and I looked forward to them each week. Best footy observer around for me and with his Essendon blood, I was just so chuffed to have him writing for us weekly. If anyone that has influence is listening, please have him go again this year

Maybe its cost cutting?

Turns out that poll I did was rather acurate.
What poll?

Maybe they can bring in Pete Lazer.

That’s a terrible decision if true. If he’s not continuing to give input I hope it at his own discretion.

If Paul Cousins and Catherine Lio are browsing, please take note…

Cost cutting in the face of a huge 2016 loss?

Maybe…just maybe…he opted out, thinking he’d be prejudiced in favour of Andy McGrath.

But no…let’s just keep kicking into the club administration with no facts behind you.