Robert Shaw #BackIn

#panic

Should be a poll.

I can confirm that he has not been contacted. This may be an oversight or part of the belt tightening budget though my understanding is that any fee involved is insubstantial.

If your listening (reading) Paul. Over to you!!

Was that aimed at this Paul karma?

Whilst obviously I’m across much that goes on at the club, the detail of this sort of day to day operational thing - and this issue specifically in this case - I don’t have visibility on and is honestly the sort of stuff directors would usually try to stay out of rather than stepping on the toes of those doing their daily jobs. It’s very much a day to day operational issue for the media/comms department.

That said I recall Lloydy had that gig the year before Rob just for one season as well so without knowing it may be more of a one season role, but I have no idea at this stage if Rob will be continuing to contribute or not. I enjoyed many of his contributions last year as I did Lloydy’s the year before, particularly his insights into the history of the club. I’ll ask the question next time I speak to the media guys but we’re still a long way out from the season proper, wouldn’t be surprised if nothing was finalized on that front yet.

I can confirm that he has not been contacted. This may be an oversight or part of the belt tightening budget though my understanding is that any fee involved is insubstantial.

Whilst obviously I’m across much that goes on at the club, the detail of this sort of day to day operational thing - and this issue specifically in this case - I don’t have visibility on and is honestly the sort of stuff directors would usually try to stay out of rather than stepping on the toes of those doing their daily jobs. It’s very much a day to day operational issue for the media/comms department.

That said I recall Lloydy had that gig the year before Rob just for one season as well so without knowing it may be more of a one season role, but I have no idea at this stage if Rob will be continuing to contribute or not. I enjoyed many of his contributions last year as I did Lloydy’s the year before, particularly his insights into the history of the club. I’ll ask the question next time I speak to the media guys but we’re still a long way out from the season proper, wouldn’t be surprised if nothing was finalized on that front yet.

Thanks Paul for responding!

1 Like

I dont know who the media people had in mind to replace Robert Shaw ( if indeed they did have someone in mind at this point) so I cannot really make any comparison or express any preference other than to say I enjoyed Robert Shaws weekly preview and report and I greatly respect his football knowledge. He followed all teams and watched all 9 games each week as part of his SEN job and his knowledge is current as well as historical. I cannot think of any commentator who is in such a unique position to do those reports.

I don’t know what’s happened, why or if anything has even occurred to begin with, but I reserve the right to blame everyone and anyone for this gross injustice.

It would be great to have Shaw back this season though. His articles and videos were a real cut above most of the football media content out there.

Cut? Was it Maryland?

It would be great to have Shaw back this season though. His articles and videos were a real cut above most of the football media content out there.

Cut? Was it Maryland?

I don’t get it.

In registering my support because I want him to continue.

If it’s a one year gig, I’m looking forward to seeing which club legend is next on the job.

If there are any negotiations to be had with Shaw, then Dodoro should be there with all jackets on.
We might finally find someone willing to take Ricky Dyson and a third rounder.

If he remains doing the same role as last year I’d be happy with that, his insight was useful. Great Essendon person with a tremendous football brain

Probably also worth noting that the CMO has been on leave.

His articles were great, probably the only reason people used the website if we are being truthful. Fingers crossed he does it again or they can find someone as good. I can’t imagine they will need two months of negotiating the role, probably ask him again in mid March.

I dont know who the media people had in mind to replace Robert Shaw ( if indeed they did have someone in mind at this point) so I cannot really make any comparison or express any preference other than to say I enjoyed Robert Shaws weekly preview and report and I greatly respect his football knowledge. He followed all teams and watched all 9 games each week as part of his SEN job and his knowledge is current as well as historical. I cannot think of any commentator who is in such a unique position to do those reports.
In registering my support because I want him to continue.

The above two posts perfectly sum up my position. However if Rob decides not to continue in his role, than l vote for Tiffany Cherry as his replacement.

I don't know, I think watching the game will be more tolerable if you're listening to Lucas or JDS or Shaw compared to Taylor and Tony Shae or dermie

Most likely, but that’s because the latter lot are self important idiots and has nothing to do with their team allegiances.

So the commentary was biased because they spent some time talking up some of the Gold Coasts highly rated young kids in the pregame discussion? Outrageous.

Having Essendon people do Essendon games won't make it nonsensical bias Ala press red for ed and the KB one they did for the tigers, that was purely done for entertainment. Going back to the MUTV example, the commentators are clearly Man U fans and past players so will focus more of their comments on Man U but that's not to say they don't praise the other team or highlight their strengths and weaknesses.

I don’t know, I think watching the game will be more tolerable if you’re listening to Lucas or JDS or Shaw compared to Taylor and Tony Shae or dermie

If you want ranting as well as gushing just get Blitz to do the voiceover.

Fixed.

DJR led Blitz commentary team.

For expert comments on opposition team PM Mendoza.

Yeah, you can be pretty sure they don’t put in any extra effort to be clueless about our players.

I know it’s harsh to demand they know the basic history of 500+ players all the time, but it’s not like they don’t know in advance what game they’re calling each week…

There’s no rescuing the unrelated idiocy of the likes of Shaw though.