Robert Shaw #BackIn

This will be really awesome. Give me the ■■■■

Calling Stallion!

Great work Blitz and EFC.

Rob Shaw is a great Essendon person. I always value his opinion.

But aren’t we burning down the TVSC because of the way our tightarse board heartlessly sacked loyal club servant, Robert Shaw?

1 Like
But aren't we burning down the TVSC because of the way our tightarse board heartlessly sacked loyal club servant, Robert Shaw?

That was last week. Wait a couple days…

We should get someone like Tiziano Crudeli for milan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9UjEjGc4nk

The great man. :smiley: Bringer of joy.

BOA! BOA! BOA! TENG! TENG! TENG!

Could you imagine Orazio Fantasia rolling of his tongue??? Would be epic.

Julian DeStoop is starting to look like Paul Sorvino

We should get someone like Tiziano Crudeli for milan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9UjEjGc4nk

The great man. :smiley: Bringer of joy.

BOA! BOA! BOA! TENG! TENG! TENG!

What's the fascination with one sided biased commentary? As poor as the basic standard of commentary is, I still don't get the appeal.
l don't usually concern myself with the quality of the commentary, but the huge pro-Gold Coast bias by Brown and Shaw all game was very noticeable as it was so blatant. Amongst the poorest calling of a game l have ever heard.
I didn't notice any bias during that game. What are some examples? I was actually surprised at Brown's knowledge of both teams and completely unsurprised at Tony Shaw's lack of knowledge or ability to talk sense.

I didn’t think it was biased in the sense that it unfairly represented the game or individual, but it certainly felt that the weight of the actual discussion favoured Gold Coast. I can’t really provide examples because I’d have to rewatch it and time how much time was spent talking about each team, and I’m not that crazy yet. It didn’t bother me per se but I think if you were a Gold Coast supporter you would have learnt a lot more about your players’ prospects than an Essendon supporter would have. Then again maybe if I actually followed GC I would have found the commentary about GC as facile as I did the Essendon stuff because I know our list way better.

This.

First article for the season:

2 Likes

Shawry, welcome to club lid off.

this is almost all of blitz in a short succinct post. just needs something saga related

I can’t see up losing a game.

That was like every question mark I’ve read in every other season review spun positive. I love it.

1 Like

Rob Shaw: the list isn’t that old, third most amount of teenagers and only four over 30.

Everyone else: Essendon’s list is cooked, mostly 29 year olds.

3 Likes

He even managed to get a subtle Fark Carlton in there when talking about developing vs trading in players. Love it.

6 Likes

I like this line from Shaw:

“If it is to be a good team, good players miss out.”

There was a recent article by Daniel Cherny in The Age which emphasised Heppell talking about jealousy and envy being a byproduct of selection pressure and Cherny paraphrased Heppell as saying he hoped the players on the outer would not sulk. I have no doubt that Heppell as a newbie captain was fed questions with this negative content, and I’m sure he will learn from it.

I think Heppell could do worse than take some media message lessons from Shaw,

1 Like
1 Like

I think AFL club supporters are quickly moving away from generic league media articles, AFL radio programs &a podcasts, AFL related TV, etc. and only want to watch/listen/read about their own club. The passion for the ‘Game’ is declining, while tribalism amongst club supporters is increasing. While this is all anacdotal from my perspective, and could be because that’s the way Essendon supporters have been reacting for the last 4 years. I’ve noticed other clubs supporters not really interested in talking about football, other than their team.

I think most supporters are fed up with the AFL, and the way the game is now run. The league is built on making money for television rights. Plus the strong emphasis on rotating premierships. Then you’ve got the 2 new clubs which have been handed everything.

The other thing is, that we live in an era of demand and supply. Club supporters have access to conversation via forums, supporter podcast, supporter blogs, etc. It was only a matter of time before club media departments started to take advantage of these platforms, and provide a service for their supporters.

2 Likes

Agreed.

I really only want to know about the opposition teams in the week leading up to the game so I know who they will be playing and our match ups, but otherwise I don’t really care. Maybe some news of how devastated they are to have been beaten so badly by us in the week following the game I can handle as well.

IMHO supporting the EFC is not about equality and inclusiveness with the other teams. They could all fold/merge and die and I wouldn’t miss them, although I would miss us beating them.

1 Like

Well there do have to be some opposition teams.