Robert Shaw

Thought it was worth starting a post about Robert Shaw’s articles, reviews and previews for the upcoming games. I think he does a fantastic job, and seem to agree with pretty much all of what he says.

He is obviously very knowledgeable, passionate and gives us some great insight that we usually miss out on.

Agreed, he is a great tactician and excellant speaker.

Panicked when I first saw the new thread. Thought the worst.

And he is a top bloke.

He was a very good player back in the 1970’s but had so many injuries. The way he was treated in Adelaide was a disgrace, and is a major reason why I hate that pissant club.

Never have I got more of a hiding in my life from the man himself, he absolutely grilled me to the bone, overheard me telling my mate how I was still ■■■■■■ from night before our first practice game for brighton grammar 1’'s. Didn’t talk to me for the rest of the year or even let me train with the 1sts. He apologized to me right before graduation and told me he was too harsh on me and explained why he was. He is a man with great integrity, he has one of the best footy IQ’s going around, doesn’t take any ■■■■ at all and is a great bloke if you’re on his good side. I have great respect for him and we are very lucky to have him back at the club in some degree.

He played District Cricket for Essendon too. I think he probably had more success at cricket, where his many injuries didn’t have so dramatic an effect.

And he is a top bloke.

He was a very good player back in the 1970’s but had so many injuries. The way he was treated in Adelaide was a disgrace, and is a major reason why I hate that pissant club.

I remember post the Adelaide era he got a reserve seat near us at the g which I think he paid for himself. Top bloke and a true bomber.

I did a level 3 AFL coaching course where Rob Shaw and Rodney Eade were the two main facilitators/teachers.

Shaw was brilliant, articulate, interesting and intelligent.

Eade was good, but also confusing and surprisingly not very articulate. He mumbles and waffles a lot!

FogDog a level 3 coach eh. I will have to fully think out my radical suggestions in any discourse with you mate.

Not only knowledge of Essendon, he has an amazing knowledge of a lot of players and a lot of clubs. ( based on some listening to SEN late at night) This knowledge is current. He would make a very good opposition analyst. ( I suppose its a case of been there done that) but hes an old dude now.

FogDog a level 3 coach eh. I will have to fully think out my radical suggestions in any discourse with you mate.

Hahaha, unfortunately I didn’t renew my accreditation when it expired back in 2011.

Has been !. Watch out, Clarko will take a dim view of you mate

When I was studying my teaching degree at Deakin 2001-2004 Shawy would attend a lecture straight after one of mine in the same lecture theatre I am not sure if he was taking the lecture but I suspect it was when he was doing a sports admin or coaching course. Hearing the testimonies of others on here, I kind of wish I tried to strike up a conversation with him about the Bombers, but I figured I would only embarrass myself.

Not only knowledge of Essendon, he has an amazing knowledge of a lot of players and a lot of clubs. ( based on some listening to SEN late at night) This knowledge is current. He would make a very good opposition analyst. ( I suppose its a case of been there done that) but hes an old dude now.

SEN had someone with knowledge on their crappy station? They were not worthy.

Look forward to his weekly article and pre and post game summary. Great initiative by the club to get him on board

Both videos (review of last week and preview of Carlton) were really interesting. Feels a little unfair Collingwood tagging Zaha and Zerrett!

Had him as a p.e teacher in year 8 at high school. Couldn’t control the class and seemed like an out of touch dumbass. Always thought he was a bit dense after that until this year when i saw his essendon review videos and figured out maybe he just didn’t give a ■■■■ about teaching year 8’s and that’s why he was so lax back then. Let’s put it this way, i prefer it to the Neil Craig emails.

Had him as a p.e teacher in year 8 at high school. Couldn't control the class and seemed like an out of touch dumbass. Always thought he was a bit dense after that until this year when i saw his essendon review videos and figured out maybe he just didn't give a ■■■■ about teaching year 8's and that's why he was so lax back then. Let's put it this way, i prefer it to the Neil Craig emails.

Maybe the Year 8’s were the dumbasses…

I must be mixing him up with some ex Carltank prick, i was wondeting why we would care what he thought.

I must be mixing him up with some ex Carltank prick, i was wondeting why we would care what he thought.

He played 51 games for Bombers from 1974 to 1981, was a tough halfback who had lots of injuries. Had a Mate playing for Bombers at that time who said he was the smartest footballer at the Club and would make a great coach. Bit unlucky to hook up with Fitzroy when they were about to due and then go to Adelaide where he was crucified.

Good solid tassie boy.

He played 51 games for Bombers from 1974 to 1981, was a tough halfback who had lots of injuries. Had a Mate playing for Bombers at that time who said he was the smartest footballer at the Club and would make a great coach. Bit unlucky to hook up with Fitzroy when they were about to due and then go to Adelaide where he was crucified.

Was an assistant at Essendon, Sheeds right hand man, for a long time as well. 99-2005 And in the 80’s