Robert Shaw

Very very smart when it comes to football, his Sunday morning show on SEN is the best review show and only one I bother listening to.

Had him as a p.e teacher in year 8 at high school. Couldn't control the class and seemed like an out of touch dumbass. Always thought he was a bit dense after that until this year when i saw his essendon review videos and figured out maybe he just didn't give a ■■■■ about teaching year 8's and that's why he was so lax back then. Let's put it this way, i prefer it to the Neil Craig emails.

Most people aren’t cut out for teaching a class of high school kids. Means zip about every other aspect of them as a person, their other talents etc…

Very interesting article on the club website. Shaw does not hold back in his view of Peter Jackson’s administration of the club.

Very interesting article on the club website. Shaw does not hold back in his view of Peter Jackson's administration of the club.

The interesting reading there is we got rid of three players because of the salary of one player was included in the cap. Why not get rid of the one player instead regardless of who it was? Wasn’t Mercuris salary a problem as well?
Secondly why those three players? How were they picked? Were they out of contract? I know it is history but I’d love some more information.
It certainly is part of the reason we are where we are today

Was that the Chris Heffernan, Justin Blumfield and one other affair?

Was that the Chris Heffernan, Justin Blumfield and one other affair?
Yep. Caracella.

Oh geez, how could I forget him. Best of the lot. That move stuffed us for years, morale-wise.

Why not get rid of the one player instead regardless of who it was?

Are you seriously suggesting they get rid of Hird? Would have caused a member revolt!

The worst part about Heffernan, was that we inexplicably got him back.

Caracella still hurts, same as Hardwick after that.

Sh*t times…

I always remember going to etihad round 1 2006 v sydney and heff killed it in his first game back for us, was awesome. Thought that was gonna be a good year, lol

Peter Jackson has much to answer for… On a positive note, Shaw is spot on, this Club is starting to feel like Essendon again.

I have for years said that if EFC ever has a Hall of Shame, PJ would be the first nominee.

Stuffed up the club completely, and we are still suffering from it.

Worst Rsole ever in the history of EFC IMHO.

Worst Rsole ever in the history of EFC IMHO.

David Evans says hi

Jackson confirms this season will be his last (From EFC )
April 30, 2009 12:00 PM

Newsletter

Essendon Football Club managing director Peter Jackson today confirmed 2009 will be his final season with the Club.
Jackson has been at the helm of Essendon for the past 13 years, a period that has seen the Club develop into one of the most financially robust organisations in the competition.

The Club has also experienced great success on-field, winning the 2000 Premiership, playing in another Grand Final and appearing in the finals in eight of those 13 years.

I’m either ignorant here, or the Early onset andruska’s is kicking in.

Why is Jackson reviled?

Jackson confirms this season will be his last (From EFC ) April 30, 2009 12:00 PM

Newsletter

Essendon Football Club managing director Peter Jackson today confirmed 2009 will be his final season with the Club.
Jackson has been at the helm of Essendon for the past 13 years, a period that has seen the Club develop into one of the most financially robust organisations in the competition.

The Club has also experienced great success on-field, winning the 2000 Premiership, playing in another Grand Final and appearing in the finals in eight of those 13 years.

Why is Jackson reviled?

mismanaged the salary cap and reduced spending on the Footy department which helped us secure our position off field but to the detriment of on field success.

We’ve had worse

Was a tight ■■■■.
Collingwood spent and the revenue generated through success was came back ten fold through sponsors and whatnot getting on board.
From an outsider looking in we sat on it while players worked out in a gym from the Flintstones.

You’re kidding right? Robert Shaws comments around Jackson are spot on. ADministrator who knew nothing about football club culture, man management and communication

April 30, 2009 12:00 PM

Newsletter

Why is Jackson reviled?

Jackson confirms this season will be his last (From EFC ) April 30, 2009 12:00 PM

Newsletter

Why is Jackson reviled?

Also put himself on the Board so he had a vote.

Pity a couple of players didn’t renegotiate their contracts to keep the team together.

Have suffered ever since.

Pity a couple of players didn't renegotiate their contracts to keep the team together.

Have suffered ever since.

I agree. You would have thought there was more could have been done.