Robert Walls finished!

This was on the cards at the end of last season.

His last piece of work will be in the SEN commentary box tomorrow.

I suppose after having served the game since 1967, we probably needs a break from him, so won't really miss him.

FIXED

So, what's he going to be doing in France, giving expert commentary on the Tour de France (said with a French accent)?

Who will talk about Mal Michael's thighs now?

I'll miss him. Never concerned me that he hated Essendon. In fact the more we get hated generally the prouder I get. It was a kind-of fun symbiotic relationship between him and us. On top of that I think he's one of the more intelligent commentators out there.

He's been pretty good value over the last couple of years. Really loosened up and has been quite funny. I wish him well.

i agree. hes become like a zany uncle at christmas.

the bile has gone.

He did particularly savage Essendon fans sometimes in his commentary, claiming we were the only ones to behave in certain ways that all supporters behave... ie leaving early when getting smashed or not turning up when the team isn't doing well... 

I remember a few years ago he made some disparaging remarks about Essendon fans that were leaving the ground during the final quarter of a game (along the lines of "Essendon fans are some of the most spineless fans in the league"), and then a couple weeks later we played Carlton at the MCG on a Friday night for a Carlton home game and we thrashed them by about 10 goals. The Bloos fans were streaming out about 20 minutes into the third quarter, half the ground was empty and we didn't hear a peep from Wallsy about it that night...
I didn't mind that he hated Essendon, but it really annoyed me when he made such double-standard comments about us the fans....

he is just a ■■■■ plain and simple. 

Sometimes i do believe he actually has no idea. Eg, stating that Brisbane should of given Voss another 2 or 3 years, then make a decision on his future.

Rubbish commentator. Made a career out of stating the bleeding obvious. 

Something you would hear in just about every game of his commentating game:

Co commentator: what do you think the coach should do with player x

Walls: I reckon they should give him a run in the ruck, for 3,4,5 minutes.

every.single.game :rolleyes:

So long Wallsy, you douchebag. You will not be missed.

He's been pretty good value over the last couple of years. Really loosened up and has been quite funny. I wish him well.

After the death of his wife, he loosened up quite a bit. 

Always been ambient about Robert Walls, I wish him well and hope he enjoys his stay in France.

i agree. hes become like a zany uncle at christmas.

the bile has gone.

Same here. I think even his animosity towards Sheeds waned.

Au revoir, M Les Murs

After the death of his wife, he loosened up quite a bit. 

Always been ambient about Robert Walls, I wish him well and hope he enjoys his stay in France.

I thought he changed after the wife died too. Became much more mellow. Less antagonistic.

At times I hated the prick with a passion... but like all great enemies also grew to respect him if only for loving the game as much as we do.

And that in these times of gossip and inuendo peddlers intent only only fortifying their own fractured self images at the expense of those who really contribute something to the game is something wallsy can rightfully be proud of.

GL you carlton prick... lol

he is just a ■■■■ plain and simple. 

Sometimes i do believe he actually has no idea. Eg, stating that Brisbane should of given Voss another 2 or 3 years, then make a decision on his future.

Rubbish commentator. Made a career out of stating the bleeding obvious. 

Something you would hear in just about every game of his commentating game:

Co commentator: what do you think the coach should do with player x

Walls: I reckon they should give him a run in the ruck, for 3,4,5 minutes.

every.single.game :rolleyes:

So long Wallsy, you douchebag. You will not be missed.

Well said.  Good riddance.

One word describes Robert Walls. Unprofessional.

He was bias in his commentary, and proud of it. He offers very little as a football commentator. And would sook when his team was getting beaten, or ours would win.

His professionalism to separate his personal emotions and agendas from making comments on the game was nothing other than a disgrace.

I don’t care if people hate our club, but call the game like it is.

He won’t be missed.

Didn't his bile towards us drop off after one K Sheedy left the club?

I always loved his flip flopping on his opinion. The one that always stands out is the 03 GF. Before it, he talked about how wonderful the Pies were. After it, he lambasted them and said they were rubbish.

Massive Tool.

Played one of the top 10 individual performances in the 1972 Grand Final. A near perfect game from a CHF. Quiz question. Who was his opponent that day ? 

Played one of the top 10 individual performances in the 1972 Grand Final. A near perfect game from a CHF. Quiz question. Who was his opponent that day ? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkzkoeNfUlk

Good get !

What was more embarrassing his part-time girlfriend or his performance in the 1972 GF.

Rex was a good VFL player - Once took 19 marks in a game.

Melbourne, by 32 points.

Think Walls is a great special comments man. Makes sense and never mixes his words. I'll miss his insights. Good luck to him as well. Big deal moving countries this stage of his life. Thanks for the memories Rob

" I don't think I have ever seen a player take control of a game in a qtr like this " :D