Ron Gauci and Jason Cunningham

I want to know specifically what either of these two are going to do once they are elected.

I heard Ron speak this morning (for the first time) and even though I didn't agree with everything he said, he came across as intelligent, considered and well spoken. He's frustrated like we all are and is afraid we'll end up like Carlton (after their draft sanctions) and could be rubbish for the next 10 years if the right decisions aren't made now.

I was surprised at the good line of questioning by Matt Thomas (I think) and Gaze. Ron was talking about our governance issues still not being resolved and Matt Thomas was pulling him up saying they have gotten rid of person A, B, C & D, what more could the club do.

Other the being the Storm CEO, I don't know much about Ron Gauci.

Ron Gauci is about the most boring person I have ever heard speak. He came to a local rotary club dinner as the speaker, and if it wasnt for the good red wine and the crownies, I would have used the steak knife to slit my wrists. It was all about him, and it was so boring and he droned on forever.   

And he is not a fan of James Hird !!

Bad news. Gauci has been trying to get in the club for a long time, missed out on the

CEO role.

This guy is trouble.

I heard Ron speak this morning (for the first time) and even though I didn't agree with everything he said, he came across as intelligent, considered and well spoken. He's frustrated like we all are and is afraid we'll end up like Carlton (after their draft sanctions) and could be rubbish for the next 10 years if the right decisions aren't made now.

I was surprised at the good line of questioning by Matt Thomas (I think) and Gaze. Ron was talking about our governance issues still not being resolved and Matt Thomas was pulling him up saying they have gotten rid of person A, B, C & D, what more could the club do.

Ron Gauci is about the most boring person I have ever heard speak. He came to a local rotary club dinner as the speaker, and if it wasnt for the good red wine and the crownies, I would have used the steak knife to slit my wrists. It was all about him, and it was so boring and he droned on forever.   

I too have be told he is not a fan of James Hird......that's all I need to know

Bad news. Gauci has been trying to get in the club for a long time, missed out on the
CEO role.
This guy is trouble.

This!

Do enough members outside the utopia called blitz know this.

Or could enough members be over the whole saga and simply think that any change would do.

(this may or may not have happened in favour of countries our current leader)

He sentiment this morning was clearly Hird is in the wrong for taking this to court. Had to laugh when he said that he couldn't understand why Hird choose this course of action.

GucciManePrison.jpg

Love Ron's work, a quote if I may:

"Boys get bricks, athletes get trophies gauci mane got cake, it's my birthday party Want a sweet 16? Thats two times forty!!"

bd149d40076458d428ceef5d4c3a55d105c6d94c

Gauci, yesterday.

I want to know specifically what either of these two are going to do once they are elected.

I think we all want to know specifically what they will do IF elected. I'd also like to know specifically what our current board members will do IF they remain. Trouble is, where will these specifics be addressed? How much info can we prize out of them, preferably before, if not during the AGM? Like politicians, they are not big on detail before elections.

Wasn't he the one who cause the salary cap issues at the storm?

You think everyone on the board is currently doing a good job? There is obviously division within the board on a whole range of matters.

There is also some massive leaking to the media from our current board.

Wasn't he the one who cause the salary cap issues at the storm?

No, it was Brian Waldron, he went rouge, bit like El Danko.

You think everyone on the board is currently doing a good job? There is obviously division within the board on a whole range of matters.

To have a board that differs on issues is fine and healthy. The opposite is worse.

I think we all want to know specifically what they will do IF elected. I'd also like to know specifically what our current board members will do IF they remain. Trouble is, where will these specifics be addressed? How much info can we prize out of them, preferably before, if not during the AGM? Like politicians, they are not big on detail before elections.

Like most politicians in general what prospective board members say they are going to do and what they actually do can be two different things.
IMO if your timing and approach is as ■■■■ poor as wrong gauci then I think there would have to be serious doubt that you would have a strong grasp on 'what is best' for the club.
Having said that, the current board have left a 1.21 gigawatt sized ■■■■-tonne to be desired as well.
Timing (and competence and perhaps even a bit of charisma) is everything.
There's only one bloke at essendon who has all that which is unfortunate because we need about 10 of him.

Was Tony Shabecki. I think Matt Thomas works for the AFL now.

But you're right, SEN was on to his whole governance point.

Theres always disagreement on any board, it's par for the course.

Haven't actually had a "leak" that could be sheeted back to EFC for a long while.

I'd have to say they are "currently" in their best phase over the 2 years atm, IMO.

Ok, getting the vibe that Gauci is not a popular figure amongst the BB faithful. Thanks for the feedback. If he is anti Hird then I am anti Gauci, but I’m with chef. Bombers supporters Ive spoken to outside of BB are sick to death of all that’s happened over the last 2 years and think any change will be a good change.

Above all else at the moment, we need stability and unity within the club. Huge changes were made after the governance sanctions. Turnover of personel was massive. The last thing we need is someone who wants to come in and re-invent the wheel.

No, on second thoughts, the last thing we need is someone who will blindly do the bidding of the AFL while seeing the position as an opportunity to network with the ‘big boys’ and further their outside business interests.

Trouble is, I’m still not totally convinced of our current board’s intentions either.

Heaven forbid we finish up with people on the board who have differing opinions!

I want the current board to fix ■■■■. Not this guy.