Ronnie Corbett gone aged 85

Dunno why but feel really sad about this. It feels like when Richie died.
Vale little ronnie. On to that coke sniffing bafta toilet in the sky.

… and it’s goodnight from him.

Shame.

Loved watching The Two Ronnies when I was a kid…

Shame.

Loved watching The Two Ronnies when I was a kid…

l loved their ongoing series as a couple of detectives, Corbett as Charlie Farley and Ronnie Barker as the gum chewing Piggy Malone. l would have like those scenes to have been developed into a full sitcom. Some of Corbett’s best work on that show were the jokes he told sitting in the big chair. Many of them had an in joke built in, we didn’t pick up on at the time, because they were about all things English.

Same, a big part of my childhood was watching the two Ronnies with the Family.
Good times…
Not a bad innings…85. R.I.P.

Was it in Extras where he got caught using coke at the BAFTAS? Whatever it was it was hilarious.

When i heard this, i was surprised he was “only” 85.

I really liked TTR as a kid. Vale to a very decent comedian.

I used to cringe a bit at his Sorry shtick, but as a partner to the brilliant Ronnie Barker, he was great, and also with Cleese and Barker in The Frost Report.

I remember seeing an episode of The Saint 5 years or so back (Fox Classics, Saturday morning) with Roger Moore where his exploits took him to Italy. Oliver Reed was the bad guy, Warren Mitchell the taxi-driver and Ronnie Corbett the bellboy…circa 1964, before any bar Moore were well-known.

Next we’ll be hearing Yootha Joyce has passed away.

Ronnie Corbett: And now, it’s goodnight from me…
Ronnie Barker: …and it’s goodnight from him.

Thanks for the memories Ronnie.

Next we'll be hearing Yootha Joyce has passed away.
Only if you grab a 1980 newspaper. There were rumours she used to give the bottle a fearsome working over.

She was married to the guy who played Dave from the Winchester Club in Minder.

Only if you grab a 1980 newspaper. There were rumours she used to give the bottle a fearsome working over.

Yootha Joyce has been dead for 36 years? Well bugger me.

Glynn Edwards played Dave.

Glynn Edwards played Dave.

Well, yes…I read she was married to Glynn Edwards, and I extended it to something people might recognise.