Rookie B list players

Port just announced a rookie B, so I guess it’s happening now.

How many of them have a 10% chance of making it?

I wouldn’t mind Saad

5pm deadline.

5pm deadline.

We are soooooo getting fined for not meeting the deadline

all this song and dance about this being brought in and only one club adds a player?

I wonder whether our massive debt will have any bearing on how many Cat B rookies we take. If we take any at all.

I have nfi

I wonder whether our massive debt will have any bearing on how many Cat B rookies we take. If we take any at all.

It has a bearing on everything we do at the moment.

very strange

I would have thought the more chances you take to look at players the more chances you have to find one.

One year contracts, turn them over, find the occasional gem.

We can’t be to scrupulous we took Smack.

So yes?

We can’t be to scrupulous we took Smack.

Smack (at least this version) comes very cheap.

So yes?

No idea Ben.

We had to take Eades and Smack to honour 2 year contracts.

I wonder if had Ronke made it through, would we have still packed up our stuff and gone home.

McKernan wasn’t on a 2 year contract.

very strange

I would have thought the more chances you take to look at players the more chances you have to find one.

One year contracts, turn them over, find the occasional gem.

I suppose each player you bring in uses up time, money, coaching and other resources. I guess you have to weigh up the likelihood of that player making vs the investment you need to put into them and whether that investment would be better spent on the existing primary listed players.

McKernan wasn’t on a 2 year contract.

And we could’ve just paid out Eades, I believe?

How can there be a general AFL pot and no structure to applications?

“We asked for ELMO first, no you didn’t, yes I did.”

In other words clubs need to prepare paperwork prior to the Rookie draft happening, but only know afterwards if 1) the player is available and 2) if they really want them. Half an hour to react*.

• except Hawthorn. Any time before Friday drinkies is fine.