Rookies

So anyway, we have until Wednesday to rookie B list someone I think.

Let’s find the basketball player we’ve been looking for to open up a tiny bit of flexibility in what we do in the rookie draft…

So anyway, we have until Wednesday to rookie B list someone I think.
Let's find the basketball player we've been looking for to open up a tiny bit of flexibility in what we do in the rookie draft...

Agreed, 6'5 plus Basketballer. 100% project player.

Andy Bogurt fits the bill but we may have some issues matching his salary requirements and he is a bit injury prone.  On the up side he does follow the Bombers !

We’ll take 2 of; Cameron, Sikora, Conlon.

I agree let's have another on our rookie B list. How about the cricketer Cosgrove from Tasmania? I'm not sure he likes footy but I am reasonably confident that he will be impressed with our fridge.

Just some names to consider. No particular order. I am not going to bother pretending I know these players very well.

Dwayne Wilson: Outside wingmen/small forward with pace, said to be an elite kick. He has poor endurance, so many 2-3 pre-seasons can see improvement in that area.

Michael Gibbons: Captain of Murray Bushrangers, hard nosed inside mid, great endurance. He is pretty short and isn't the best kick.

Charlie Cameron: Physical small forward, high work rate, tackles well, goal sneak.

James Battersby: Footy brain, kicks at 88% efficiency, only 177cm's. Spent a year playing senior footy in SA. Is quick and will throw his body in.

Jake Grieser: Prides himself on winning the hard ball (Top 5 in clearances for TAC Cup), vocal with leadership qualities.

Darcy Cameron: Mobile, good tap ruckmen, good enough to kick goals resting as a forward.

Michael Sikora: He rucked for the VFL team, I won't describe this kid because some of you would have seen him in person and can talk about him better.

That is my list right now. The common theme is small forward/mids, full time mids and ruckmen. It should come down to who is best available.

Andy Bogurt fits the bill but we may have some issues matching his salary requirements and he is a bit injury prone.  On the up side he does follow the Bombers !

A bit injury prone? If we figured out his monthly payments, with the amont of time injured and figure out how much of his salary is spent on him in rehab lol.

I play Basketball, Can I please join the Rookie B list.

Didak

I play Basketball, Can I please join the Rookie B list.

Are you 6'6 and can touch the top of a Basketball backboard?

Weller and another tall

TIPPA

Hopefully they just forget about small outside mids/small forwards, we picked up 2 of them from GWS and another 2 of them last week. All signs may point towards us getting Sikora but I wouldn't mind taking more of a risk and picking up Darcy Cameron. Hopefully he's still there at our pick. The more I think about it, the more I think we don't necessarily need a "ready-made" ruckman, if there is such a thing. People think Sikora would be the "safe option" but what if he turns out to be a dud at senior level (which from most reports, he may well be). I'd rather have a young ruckman who can develop into a good player than a mature one who's going nowhere development-wise and is not good enough to get a game anyway.

Dwayne Wilson does not have poor endurance

Wish we had 3 picks, could use them.

I figure we’ve addressed the issues we had going into the trade and draft period - outside run and small forwards. Given 3 picks I’d be targeting an inside mid, a ruckman and a tall forward.

So we’ve only got 2 picks so the inside mid and one of the tall forward or ruckman. I got no names, except I’d be against drafting Sikora - he’s a plodder. Don’t know what’s happening with Baulderstone. Might consider Thorpe - ideal rookie back-up.

Agreed. It won’t please Peeto bit I wish they’d delisted Dell

Agreed. It won't please Peeto bit I wish they'd delisted Dell

Ditto

I agree let's have another on our rookie B list. How about the cricketer Cosgrove from Tasmania? I'm not sure he likes footy but I am reasonably confident that he will be impressed with our fridge.

Nowhere near big enough for Cozzie. His lunch box is a shipping container.

Jolly as an AFL-ready ruck insurance policy for 2014 (as a rookie) and go after a young ruck to develop

Wish we had 3 picks, could use them.
I figure we've addressed the issues we had going into the trade and draft period - outside run and small forwards. Given 3 picks I'd be targeting an inside mid, a ruckman and a tall forward.
So we've only got 2 picks so the inside mid and one of the tall forward or ruckman. I got no names, except I'd be against drafting Sikora - he's a plodder. Don't know what's happening with Baulderstone. Might consider Thorpe - ideal rookie back-up.

This was sort of my thinking with the op. If we could find a rookie B 205 cm guy it lets us take a different type in the rookie draft if there are players we rate in that position and no rucks that we rate as any sort of help in the short term, or any better long term development prospect.
I don't actually advocate that option, but rather would look for the rookie B guy to develop alongside a rookie list ruck. This allows some sort of different thinking with the other rookie pick though... Although it'd probably still be a tall. Except if it was Tippa or Rioli...

Sikora isnt a AFL ruckman..