Round 1 - Essendon v Hawthorn

I have no idea if we’ll win, but I’m confident we’ll lead them by at least 20 points at some stage. Who knows if we’ll cough lead that up.

We tried three different combinations with our tall backs over JLT, and it didn’t include the combination I’d take into round 1. Hurley, Hartley and Ambrose. (Mitch Brown worries me when he actually has to play on a decent opponent.)

There is a good chance we’ll take an extra tall into the game to give Mckernan some support, which will most likely be Stewart. I’d be ok with that.

Our forward line is dangerous enough to win this game, so let’s hope we can break even everywhere else.

2 Likes

They’ll play Bellcho if he gets through Friday night, won’t they?

Also, we will 100% win. With a Jobe goal after the siren. Have faith.

5 Likes

Roughie and jaeger are just as under done as our players, plus they are still learning to play together as well. It’s really a contest.of who gels and can run out the game.

Luenberger going down has dented my enthusiasm somewhat. Underdone Hooker probably selected also.
Like the entire season ahead, I have no idea what to expect.

2 Likes

I’m optomistic.

Tippa will pick up the ball from a pack. Hawthorn players will run away. Tippa will show us some skills and kick many goals.

Tippa mania will be bigger than Natanui and Tippa will do it every week.

6 Likes

I think adding Hocking to the line-up may be the go. If we don’t bring a serious physical presence to this game, it will be over by half time. The team has to be absolutely resolute from the get go and eat them up, or be eaten.

1 Like

Reckon we’ll have one of those ripping round one wins before another ho hum season.

4 Likes

Il be in my jumper with Heppells number on it, or a new one with tippas, I have tattoos from shoulder to hand both Arms. You won’t miss me

1 Like

Yep.

I’m not sure how we go for the season proper but I’m 100% on us winning Round 1 (and 99% on us getting beat up Round 2)

Too many false dawns to be optimistic about the game. Too many variables to suggest Essendon will win. One thing is certain (looking at the stats from the Hawks last game) O’Meara and Mitchell will star but whether that’s enough to get the them over the line, who knows?

Anyway, Roughead to kick the first goal with Jobe getting the 3 votes. Green or Fantasia to kick 4. Hurley to make his way down the ground for a left foot 60m bomb. Daniher to kick 3:3 and cause their defence all sorts of headaches with his marking and pack splitting efforts. Hooker and Stewart will also cause havoc on their undersized defence.

1 Like

Dons by 54.

3 Likes

Got that 2012 feeling.

JOM, will try to play on the inside, get a hit to the knee, start limping , and every Horthorn supporter will xxxx themselves

2 Likes

you’re high?

1 Like

he prefers Walla to Tippa…I think we should respect this

7 Likes

Close for a half but will win comfortably in the end.

Colyer is a 100% certainty to be selected … and rightly so.

Baguley will probably be picked, but on current form he’ll be carved up.

1 Like

Well he’s coming off a good game in … when was it??? 2013 season?

No way I’d pick him for round 1.

Tippa/Walla has been carving Bags up in intraclubs. Bags played the first half OK, but was found out, due to lack of pace . TBH, if you want aguy who can stay with any player and is committed to the contest, pick McGrath. He may cost us several goals due to inexperience , but Bags might cost us more because he has slowed down.