Round 1 - Essendon v Hawthorn

We are not fit enough. Stopped about half way through that quarter. We Don’t know how to take the pace off the game either kept pushing high risk options when we were out on our legs. Lucky not be further behind. I struggle to see us turning this around

3 Likes

Essington standard quarter

1 Like

Zaharakis may be the softest player in the afl

Well, two near misses from daniher/jobe and we’d be looking good

1 Like

If Zaharakis gets a game next week ahead of Howlett after his squibbing tonight I’ll be annoyed. Not good enough at this level to take short steps.

6 Likes

Stupid comment.

At least he is putting his head over it

Hooker doesn’t look like he can read it very well up forward. Some pretty poor turnovers and classic floater kicks to blokes under pressure.

Have a chance here but need to clean things up. Langford proving his ability as a forward too.

1 Like

Parish has been awesome, Zaka take a look at him

2 Likes

Give Zaharakis a break, he is coming back from 12 mon … ahh ■■■■ it.

2 Likes

What’s your point? So are 42 other players on the field

I don’t mind the counter punching, we had the numbers back and created chances (that we blew). We are lacking a general down back, Hurley isn’t up to it (yet!)

We should have been further in front. Joe missed an easy one and Hooker with a cardinal sin, kicking into the man in the mark. The match would have been a lot different with those two misses converted. Zaka a couple of soft efforts, needs to get more involved.

2 Likes

Zerrett 26 touches to half time.

3 Likes

I nearly burst an aneurism when Gibson got that free. A shame he wasnt knocked into next week if he’s going to duck into players legs.

3 Likes

I said I’d give it a month before I judge the Hooker experiment but it looks about the same as the Hurley and Carlisle ones… but it is his first game after a very long lay off so I’ll keep an open mind.

We look unfit… like really below par fitness wise compared to other teams. OUr skills are not up to scratch either but the effort is good I think.

Zaka is a mystery… I so want to believe in the bloke but time after time he just makes me cringe but he has also done some sublime things… grrrr.

Heppell building, Watson has been huge inside but we are seeing the downside with his man burning him on the rebound a lot.

I think we are missing Stewart as a tall mobile forward imho.

I reckon we can hang with them and still win the game… hopefully.

McGrath looks more confident and involved than he did during the preseason. Looks good.

2 Likes

Agreed. Christ it was a shocker.

Too many skill errors.
Zaharakis disgraceful

Zak’s has been soft as per his normal self. McGrath has done some good things

Green has struggled.

Our half back line is killing us

Our goal kicking once again is costing us big time