Round 1 v Greater Western Sheedy - anticipation thread

As far as inside mid goes yes. Contested beast.

But on overall midfield output its much the same.

1 Like

The whole team was ■■■■ from round 1-8, don’t pin it on Joey. And he wasn’t playing in round 8 when we lost to Carlton, who would you like to blame for that one?

2 Likes

He’s gone past Heppell in recent years IMO.

2 Likes

2018 season both averaged 26.8 disp exactly!

Hep with more marks. Equal on tackles, 4/game.

Ward has better DE. 76.9% vs 71.3%

I reckon Hep gets unfairly judged at times by some EFC fans. He’s a very fkn good player.

3 Likes

We are all a bit twitchy tbh.

We don’t have to worry about Ward until Round 15

Maybe you missed the point I was trying to make. I wasn’t saying it was Joe’s fault we were 2-6 I was saying that we covered him very well when he was out going on our record of 10-4. We were much flexible in our forward set up with our variety of players we ran thru there. Yes Joe is in our top 10 players when fit. But we have the personal to ablely cover his absence

IM NOT TWITCHY YOURE TWITCHY FAAAAAARK

6 Likes

Apologies if i missed your point. When you wrote:

Surely you could see how that would be misinterpreted.

1 Like

Its going to be 30c and warm in Sydney on Sunday!

The amount of ridicule I have read from Dons fans towards Joey is flabbergasting.

Yes, he shouldn’t have hidden his injury as well as playing for way too many free kicks but he is a rare talent than put an AA season on the board prior to injury crippling him from 2018 onwards.

He makes us a much better team so cant agree with people saying Daniher fans are delusional for thinking he greatly improves us.

5 Likes

Correlation does not equal causation.

2 Likes

A fit Joey is gold… and could be the difference come games against the best. But an unfit Joey is a liability. The gap between a good and bad day (injured/not injured) for him is probably the largest of anyone in our squad.

You can’t risk having too many bad games in a row from him.

2 Likes

His greatest strength is his athleticism for a player of his size, and marking ability when can run and jump at it.

If that’s taken away from him if unfit/injured his contribution will be very very limited. And shouldn’t be in the side accordingly.

Never been his thing as is but the modern game doesn’t really allow for the stand and deliver brute fwds anymore anyway. Have to be able to get on your bike / apply some def pressure.

1 Like

And ruthless efficiency?

7 Likes

Absolute dead eye ■■■■!

That’s what she said anyway. Allegedly.

I wasn’t expecting that.

1 Like

NOBODY EXPECTS…

…Joe Dan to play before round 5.

4 Likes

Have we ever had a cipation thread? You’d think someone has been supportive of cipation.

2 Likes

WHERES THE TEAM