Round 1 v Greater Western Sheedy - anticipation thread

Premature CAPITALISATION

1 Like

and grammatical error for the grumpy old ■■■■■

1 Like

Bad grandma is the worst.

2 Likes

David King’s opinion is dependent on how much he’s had to drink.

1 Like

It’s more likely to be accurate when he’s smashed?

1 Like

What if he develops an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope?

3 Likes

You know I just realised how boring our fixture is, we’ve got no return games against Carlton, Richmond, Hawthorn, Geelong or Melbourne.

Bar Collingwood they’re all the teams I love playing/beating the most.

What have we got instead?? Return games with GWS and Gold Coast in an half empty fkn stadium with no opposition fans and no atmosphere.

BORING

3 Likes

Do we play Gold Coast twice?

No.

GWS
Sydney
North
Collingwood
Freo

2 Likes

The good thing with Freo this year is that we don’t play them in WA until round 22. Hopefully by then they’re out of finals contention and have dropped their bundle like they have the last few years.

8 Likes

I didn’t think so. Honestly think the Syd, North & Freos should be wins.

I was really looking forward to this season but over the last few weeks that’s really fallen away. I went to the Carlton JLT game and was terribly disappointed by the mostly half-hearted display and unimpressive skill level. The Geelong game was more of the same. The training reports have dropped off in enthusiasm. Even the club is warning about things not being quite right for Round 1.

I’ll be over the moon if we come out and knock off GWS as we did last year. But I really don’t see that happening.

2 Likes

So they’re missing Corr, Haynes, Langdon and Ward who were all best 22 last year. Mumford who was supposed to be their number 1 ruck, Patton who is dangerous when he’s fit and of course Shiel who was best 22 last year.

They’re certainly a bit of an unknown quantity for this game

1 Like

when exactly did they say this?

1 Like

They didn’t. But heaps of people will keep telling you they did.

2 Likes

That’s more to do with the fact that Nackers, Max and I have been busy…

3 Likes

Now you’re lying to us like the club is. You’ve lost all confidence and enthusiasm and you wont even admit it.

5 Likes

Fix your priorities please @Deckham, @nackers and @Maxx.

1 Like

The free kick against Smith was nonsense. Should not have been there.

You guys know exactly what he is talking about

Heppell said it may not all click round 1 with what their trying to implement and itll get better as the season goes on

2 Likes