Round 1 v Greater Western Sheedy - anticipation thread

Well, you say that…

For corpoates, probably.

A measured and reasonable response regarding a round 1 fixture on Blitz???

Colour me surprised.

2 Likes

Yaaaaaaawwwwwn so boring

I suggest that if suicide is on your agenda that you speak to wim and line up a bed for when you need patching up if your bid proves unsuccessful.

Oh…

… this has become a bit awkward

Kind of, because you’ve lost me.
If your original post was literal then that’s kind of weird.

Finals worthy side vs finals hopeful side!

Should be a cracking contest again

As always comes down to midfield battle.

GWS’s previously super strong & scary midfield will now be missing Shiel, Ward (who is immense for them) out with injury, and Josh Kelly hasn’t played any JLT time so may miss or will be underdone. As per Hopper.

Coniglio & Taranto fired in JLT however.

They also will not have Mumford given his suspension so with Lobb traded to Freo, Dawson Simpson will be next in line ruck. His output in JLT was very very average.

Bellchambers should have the better of the ruck contest which is a huge factor with the new rules.

And our entire first choice midfield, now with Shiel, should be primed and ready to go. Those with interrupted preseasons have had enough JLT game time & training now to be fine.

We are going to bat a lot deeper than them in midfield IMO

We crushed them defensively last year when game was in balance in last quarter to run away with it so here’s hoping we can do it again.

I’m backing the boys in to get the W

Bombers by 20

19 Likes

had record rain up here over the weekend

close to 100mm in the area of spot less rain showers forecast for week up till friday ground will still be very wet …

Who knows which Essendon will turn up.

Tipping Essendon is like trying to predict the weather.

Worsfold to allow the likes of Kelly,Coniglio etc run riot only to put the clamps on when the game is lost

Give it a break Nino, the game hasn’t even started yet.

19 Likes

This is the perfect game to see where we’re at

2 Likes

I read somewhere that trying to predict the weather is like tipping Essendon, apparently

Its actually pretty accurate, lol

1 Like

It would be good to have GLORIOUS VICTORY to start the season!

12 Likes

Not so. We’ve been in a finals drought for two decades.

Bombers by 35 points just like last time we went up there. And that’s being nice. This time we have a Dylan Shiel and this time they don’t have a Dylan Shiel. That’s a 2 Dylan Shiel turnaround.

29 Likes

Less than a goal in it. Both teams to be very rusty.

1 Like

GWS know Shiels weaknesses and will tag him. Meanwhile Coniglio will run free and rack up 38 disposals. Nothing surer.

But we might still win.

After Round 2 loss to St Kilda