Round 1 v Greater Western Sheedy - anticipation thread

I’m hoping we see a confident and injury free Orazio light things up and turn in a match winning performance. This guy is the most exciting thing we have going for us by far!!

3 Likes

Agree. And add to it that we beat them up there last year so there’s no reason why we can’t do it again

1 Like

I’m nervous beyond belief

2 Likes

Probably win this one and drop the game against the Saints.

4 Likes

Me too. And excited. Who knows what the fark will happen.

1 Like

I was excited. But then jlt and a bunch of injuries occurred and now I’m kind of dreading it.

4 Likes

GWS knew Devon Smith’s weaknesses and he racked up 13 tackles.

6 Likes

I feel the same. dreaydsing is the worst

2 Likes

How does one even manage to type that, I’m truly an incredible swipist

3 Likes

GWS are a good side, perhaps a Finals calibre side, but no longer a Premiership threat (at this stage).
No denying they have a good collection of absolute gun players.
The talent falls away markedly after that.

For all our fitness issues leading into Rd.1 and our apprehensions associated with that, they are possibly worse.
Greene and Kelly appear to be periodically injured.
I just don’t see the improvement from within (Taranto, Hopper, Bonar + draftees Hately & Caldwell) covering for the losses of Shiel and Lobb.

Despite a number of our guys being rusty for Rd.1 (Belly/Fanta/Zac), we will win the midfield battle due to our depth, which means our defence, and especially Ambrose who has the most difficult task, won’t be exposed.

Our forward line will kick a winning score and hit 3 figures.

BOMBERS by 18pts

3 Likes

50:50 game this one. A win would be a very nice start. A loss would be unsurprising, and not the end. GWS should be the favourites. Strong side playing at home rooted on by a massive home crowd.

We have been good on the road of late, notwithstanding our recent trips to Princess Hill and Geelong… Being interstate may help us.

The Shiel inside knowledge factor will be an advantage. He’s clearly a studious student of the game and will have many insightful insightfulnesses to insightfully pass on.

We are not fielding our best 22 with Hooker and Joey out. But it should still be a side that is good enough to meet expectations. And you hope we have solid plans to execute our responses to the new rules.

Wildcard
we have a week to go for further calf knocks.

6 Likes

Haven’t been around much but don’t see any recent training threads??

Training each week got us into trouble going into the JLT series. The club has identified this as one of the prime factors of our atrocious form and have taken a no training approach.

What could go wrong.

2 Likes

Ward being out really makes their off season losses hurt a lot more. They are out two genuine clearance stars.

We are tough to read without a form line as we really brought the intensity in the back half of last season, in that sense I think this is a good starting match up. Smith and Shiel to show the boys how it’s done early before we take control of the game. Dons by 24.

I thought you were being serious for once until I read that line.

4 Likes

10 goal win

I am starting to panic, thinking about all of the time we still have for calf injuries. A lot can happen in 5 days.

We should win easily. Us by 3 pts.

2 Likes

This is another learning experience.
I feel we’ve learnt something from this.
The players have learnt a lot.
We must learn from this.

Have I missed anything.

4 Likes

A fired up pair of Shiel and Smith will inspire us to victory. Us by 30.

Umps are farked

3 Likes