Round 1 v Greater Western Sheedy - anticipation thread

Yet they gave a full game to hartley presumably as insurance for hooker. The same reasonable logic was not applied to smack/JD.

1 Like

Well yes. Hooker didnā€™t play JLT, but Daniher did.

Itā€™s a clear difference, and goes some way to explaining the different approach.

2 Likes

Parish was on the train from Geelong this morning. Folks seeing him off. Playing me thinks

5 Likes

travelling emergency? and wtf is a league footballer doing getting the train?!

WTF? Of course they have to train. How else are they going to get good?

I only watch 1 GWS game a year, so the AFLPR helps to sort just what level the selected team is relative to ours.

Whilst not perfect, a comparison of AFL Player Ratings for the 2 midfields is informative.
We are way ahead of them ! ( with GWS now missing Ward, Scully, Kelly, Shield lol ) the total indicates we rate about 145% of their midfield

Essendon AFLPR AFLPR GWS
merret 467 427 coniglio
Heppel 445 337 taranto
shiel 454 419 whitfield
zaha 406 262 hopper
smith 390 101 perryman
Mc Grath 290 297 tomlinson
bellch 422 132 simpson
TOTAL 2874 1975
5 Likes

what you did thereā€¦ I can see it.

I saw Sam Gibson on the train to work the other day. 6:00amā€¦ true story.

Fair fall back to earth for the bloke who played ~130 straight games of league footy for the minnow club.

well to me this just shows reality from him what do you expect a limoā€¦props to him.

1 Like

Just wouldā€™ve thought heā€™d drive is all. Not like he couldnā€™t afford the parkingā€¦

I am going with a bench of Guelfi, Tippa, Clarke and and Francis. Have a feeling courier mail accidentally published Sunday teams in todayā€™s paper. ā€¦Hopefully that is an error and smith is all good.

Weather forecast looks to have changed:

Partly cloudy. Medium (40%) chance of showers and the chance of a thunderstorm developing in the afternoon and evening. Max 28

Edit: That was Saturday. Slight change of shower on Sun: Partly cloudy. Slight (30%) chance of a shower. Max 30

1 Like

There is no way in hell Clarke is playing

9 Likes

Would not have thought so, but in the paper, All Sunday teams had no extended benches. Not named in alphabetical order etc. Probably misprints/errors but worth watching

Cut the last 4 names on the extended bench and you have the team. It looks pretty obvious. I think they have to announce the final team in a few hours anyway?

Usually 5pm final team named.

We have literally named every tall player we have (thatā€™s not injured), barring Draper.

1 Like

And Harts. Not injured I donā€™t think.

1 Like

And Stewart

And Gown.

So neither literally or figuratively have we picked every tall player on our list thatā€™s fit.

4 Likes

Given he played for Norf perhaps you were expecting him to travel on their famous pregame elephant?

1 Like