Round 1 v Greater Western Sheedy - anticipation thread

Without knowing the kid, I’d be disappointed if Parish wasn’t thinking the same sort of thing about not being picked.

Both Parish, and Laverde won’t feel good about missing out.

1 Like

Actual, non-aggressive flippant Blitz, question: who do you swap for them? I was pretty excited about Parish for this season from the training reports. I feel like these guys like Parish, Laverde etc. still have to step up without stepping down again. I don’t know… Tell me.

1 Like

I knew this was coming.

1 Like

We have a near full squad - good players are going to miss out. Up to them to bang the door down to be selected. Also up to those picked to hit form to stay in. Round 1 - have to start somewhere.

6 Likes

Good teams have good players miss out.

It happens.

Parish and Lav are still very young and can transition into Zaka & Myers spots in time IMO

But also injuries happen. They will get their chances as year goes on. We are just lucky for once to have a very healthy list all things considered.

Look at GWS’s. Decimated.

7 Likes

I posted this yesterday but I think its pretty relevant right now

21h

Im fine with parish not playing round one because geez he was underwhelming in JLT and he is not as versatile as our other mids. But I must say, he is a top 5 pick entering his fourth year and looking like not being selected, or at best, on the verge. Its disappointing no matter how you look at it, I would have expected our first pick midfielder from 2016 to be lining up round 1 in 2019. I reckon we all would have. This is a BIG year for Darcy, imo.

11 Likes

Yep. If you told me 2 years ago that we’d be leaving blokes like Parish out because of our depth i would have laughed at you.

Exciting times.

3 Likes

■■■■■■■ end me fam.

2 Likes

RIP Parish at Essendon

2 Likes

Fark me, drop Parish and keep Myers? We are farked

“Nice to see Zerk named as an emergency. It renews my frustration that he didn’t get an opportunity in the jllt”

Yes very hard to follow

"With Smack, I was a bit frustrated because I felt he was best 22. "

Yes again hard to follow from his form last year and the fact he has had an excellent preseason from all accounts.

Hope he plays a blinder

]In particular Myers is 191 and is our #1 centre clearance player,"

Are you serious???

1 Like

Grain of salt is correct. I don’t know who made the list, but Tomlinson is a 194 - 195cm tall forward who can play both ends not a mid, and Perryman is a half back who has an occasional run in the midfield.

1 Like

When he has one handpass and one kick in the first quarter we’ll see who’s serious…to old, to slow

If you would of told me 2 years ago, that our pick 5 still wouldn’t be best 22 entering his fourth year, I would of laughed

It’s great we have depth, but I reckon its concerning for Darcy

8 Likes

I actually spat my beer out reading that from laughing

1 Like

Make your argument.

3 Likes

Parrish has some work to do.

If he’s not the number 1 midfielder he struggles.

He plays on instinct, “see the ball, get the ball”.

His performances died down when the suspended players got back, and he had to stand back and watch the likes of Watson & Heppell get in. Now he has to allow the likes of Langford, Merrett, Stinger and Shiel, get first hands on it. It’s at a point where he is more worried about getting in the way of his team mates.

If you look at Parrish’s VFL form, he was racking up 40+ disposals as the main man in the guts.

He has some work to do,

1 Like

Why Darcy didn’t get full minutes in both JLT games still makes absolutely zero sense to me.Surely the 40% game time he got in JLT2 wasn’t enough for him to put his best foot forward.

Anyway the coaches are the coaches and we trust them.

I think playing along side Clark in the VFL will help develop Parish’s game.

Clark will play the in and under role and hopefully that gives Parish a little more freedom to work on his attacking skills.

If he is to make it at AFL level he’s got to be more dangerous with ball in hand.

1 Like