Round 1 v Greater Western Sheedy - anticipation thread

The point im trying to make is how can he add strings to his bow when they are making him fight with a shield?

But regardless all i want to do is win so I hope this team gets the job done!

1 Like

Iā€™m a big Parish fan when he plays midfield. Heā€™s bog average when he plays on a HFF.

I also understand why we need Myers in the midfield as the bigger body.

Personally Iā€™d have Parish in the guts and Zaharakis on a HFF, but thatā€™s me.

Regardless, we will cop some sort of injury and heā€™ll be back in next week, so cool your jets everyone

17 Likes

Iā€™m not suggesting play Parish over Myers right now.

Myers has shown to be very inconsistent but seems to get more latitude than young players when I think it should be the other way around.

In any event there is just far too many players in front of Parish and he either needs to improve his midfield craft to a point he can play significant minutes as a mid or improve his forward craft so as he can get back in as a rotation.

Not until someone pushes him out we shouldnā€™t.

3 Likes

What? You mean he wasted that train trip from Geelong?

Even when out of form he plays.

He drop himself for a couple of games but has played plenty while stinking it up.

1 Like

Competition for spots is a great thing, Parish & Lav will be better for it if & when they can force their way back in.

Bombers will win on Sunday

You like stats so you must know his centre clearance numbers.

And he pulled out of a few games when he was struggling with mental health. Is that what you mean?

I am a Myers fan, and I think he should be in the team; he adds a lot of value in a number of areas.

But I think itā€™s a bit over the top to call him our #1 clearance mid based on stats. Have we forgotten how often last year the clearance stat was a blind hoof that we are not set up for?

Iā€™d say Stringer is #1 clearance mid, and with his increased fitness, I expect weā€™ll see Jake in the centre more often this year.

4 Likes

Thought you would have picked up by now that Iā€™m not huge on one dimensional clearance players.

I was more talking about his general mediocrity.

Heā€™s a 21 yo FFS!

6 Likes

Like Cripps?

1 Like

Or Parish.

I agree mate, itā€™s disappointing for him, as heā€™s gone from being fast-tracked to sidelined.
Pretty clear that Parish and McGrath are similar sized players and theyā€™ve gone with McGrath for now.
In Parishā€™s defense heā€™s been edged out of a very good midfield (at least on paper), but it must sting after playing around 60 games to be left out - I can only imagine how guys like Kobe Mutch are feeling - going to be very hard to break in.
If we arenā€™t winning or guys arenā€™t performing I reckon Woosha will start mixing things up, opportunities will present themselves for the guys waiting in the wings.
Frustrating for Parish too that he canā€™t prove himself in the VFL yet, hopefully watch as an emergency benefits his development in the long term.

Iā€™m a Myers fan too, but until someone pushes him out, or rather, until heā€™s not ā€œbest 22ā€, we are not a contender.

It canā€™t just be the good guy/saga factor - weā€™ve let plenty of good guys go.

The young guys have been given the chance to push him out.

Reminds me of when Goddard said: ā€œtake my place.ā€

Only problem is, I reckon we still have more use for Goddard than Myers.

(Work out that schizoid post at your peril. I feel like weā€™ve still to move onā€¦)

1 Like

Still flying to Sydney right?

Parish or Bagley. Parish every day or the week. Sorry Bags too slow and too mistake prone. Play the kids FFS.

Baguley deserves his spot in the team after his move forward

6 Likes

hes even winning the youth award

2 Likes

Itā€™s despicable how much they like him