Round 1 v Greater Western Sheedy - anticipation thread

I was caught out today on my one-day layover how cheap KL was, even downtown in some flash areas. My memories from my previous visit in 2010 may not have been perfect.

It did urinate down for about half an hour; was a win, cooled the place down substantially.

Two hours till takeoff!

2 Likes

Letā€™s hope it continues

And itā€™s a jump on the teams that we will hopefully be competing with for a top four spot seeings now they have conveniently lost their opener that was probably banked as 4 points for them - Pies, Dees, Crows, Eagles.

Cats, Port and Lions I had in the bottom 6-10 - and I still think it will work out this way - so letā€™s get 4 points in front of those above straight away and hopefully this year - we get a long awaited home final at some stage and arenā€™t travelling first week in an elimination scenario.

3 Likes

And we did it on the receiving end of a crap free kick count. Iā€™m not sure whatā€™s happened since but I remember we were the only premiers for years who received less feee kicks over the year than we gave away.

Itā€™s an Essendon thing and something we need to overcome again unfortunately.

1 Like

The only worry you have?

5 Likes

At last! Iā€™m sitting in bed looking out at the stunning snow capped Mt Cook. Off for some hiking then back to watch the game (on my phone- Better than nothing)
Very excited. Go Bombers!!

5 Likes

So true.

And in true Essington style, weā€™ll need to beat both GWS and Crows to get to 2-1 .

Mebourne looked ordinary and very beatable against Port yesterday. A number of players have clearly been managed over the pre season and were very short of a gallop. I certainly wouldnā€™t be marking the Melbourne game down as a loss at this stage (being before Iā€™ve seen us play as a comparison point).

1 Like

Adelaide are the biggest losers for me so far. Thought they would come back with a vengeance this year and they were playing at home FFS.

1 Like

Yep. Melbourne & Adelaide were a lot less than impressive. But itā€™s Rnd 1 - does not really say a lot yet. By Round 6 we should start to get a clearer picture.

Dev Smith writes in the Sun this morning about the effects of ice baths, and meditation. ( not all bad)
Toughest Bomberā€¦ Last one out of the massive ice bathā€¦

Myers. ( No not Ambrose. You didnā€™t guess it did you)

As regards meditation, lets hope we donā€™t adopt the ā€œGroup Staredownā€ model Tex and his bunch of losers tried to channel in the 2017 granny.

2 Likes

That ā€œCrow Stareā€ was ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  cringeworthy

2 Likes

Iā€™m kinda just wandering around the house aimlessly waiting for the game to start.

12 Likes

UFC FIGHT NIGHT

I saw that! They had to make him get out before he froze to death haha. I love Myers.

Match Day. Come on!!!

1 Like

Nervous already.

2 Likes

No excuses today go out there and win. If I hear ā€œitā€™s rd 1 and itā€™s going to take time to gelā€ as the reason we lost Iā€™ll be furious

There are some excuses you might find even more upsetting.
How about ā€œA dog ate our defensive game planā€?

5 Likes

So much this.

Doing things,undoing things, redoing things.

4 Likes